Steve

Tone Control RETURNS! Season 2 Begins: Leighton Gray of Dream Daddy

Tone Control 15:

Tone Control_Leighton Gray_EpArt.png

Leighton Gray
Welcome back... to Tone Control! Steve shipped another game, so conversations with video game developers begin anew. Kicking off Season 2 of Tone Control, Steve sits down with Leighton Gray, one of the main creative forces behind the daddy dating hit Dream Daddy! Steve discusses daddies, art school, Disneyland, the perils of sudden success, toilets, and daddies, with one of the most exciting up-and-coming creative figures in indie game development. Thanks for joining us!

Games Discussed: Dream Daddy, Dragon Age Inquisition, Gone Home, Tacoma, the game of dodging student debt and navigating the challenges of being a public persona

Yay I’m so happy Tone Control is back!

(Also people should be able to reply to threads in here again, sorry about that.)

Thanks Jake for fixing the "Can't reply to threads" issue! Looking forward to hearing what folks think of the new season :)

The return of Tone Control is why the release of Tacoma was doubly exciting!

On 12/6/2017 at 10:56 PM, juv3nal said:

This was a great cast, Steve.

Thanks very much, y'all! It was a real privilege to get to talk to Leighton. I really enjoyed Dream Daddy, and she's such an interesting and thoughtful person, especially for being so early in her career. Thanks for listening!

I learned about metamodernity, which is not a thing I expected to learn from a games podcast! This was excellent.

What is the new theme music? It doesn't sound like it's from the same piece as Season One.

3 hours ago, Merus said:

I learned about metamodernity, which is not a thing I expected to learn from a games podcast! This was excellent.

What is the new theme music? It doesn't sound like it's from the same piece as Season One.

Good ear! Last season's theme was Bad Cat for C64; this year is Central Park Theme from Last Ninja 2 on C64: