Sign in to follow this  
Soren Johnson

Designer Notes 33: Tyler Sigman - Part 1

Designer Notes 33:

Designer Notes 33

Tyler Sigman - Part 1
In this episode, Soren interviews independent game developer Tyler Sigman, best known as the designer of HOARD and Darkest Dungeon. They discuss how his game design career was almost derailed by staplers, how a weird aeronautical engineer is a normal game designer, and why his finished air racing game was never released.

Games discussed: Pirates!, Below the Root, Backgammon, Age of Empires: Age of Kings (DS), Darkest Dungeon, Dragon Age Legends, Battles of Prince of Persia (DS), Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Sonic Rivals, Monster Lab, Sky Pirates of Neo Terra, HOARD, Raid over Bungeling Bay

1. Your sign up system insisted on overly strong password rules, so I won't remember mine, ever.

2. I thought it was called "Design Notes"... your signup system forced me to learn otherwise....   oh well

C. As for what Microsoft was probably looking for in the interview... I strongly suggest they were looking for some answer about checking customer satisfaction, getting feedback, keeping a bug database, etc... all things that have NO BEARING in the given example of staplers.

Keep up the good work, but loosen up the password rules, please.

Just cracking into this episode now, and I see that Below The Root is discussed. One of the most favorite games of my childhood.That makes me so happy and can't wait to hear what you guys talk about. In fact, check out the website I maintain at http://0x7fff.zone:)