Sign in to follow this  
coughlinjon

[Dev Log] Helicopter Collaboration

I'm collaborating with Flippfly (Race the Sun, Absolute Drift) on a helicopter game. We're coming close to 3 months in development and I think we'll be formally announcing the game in a couple weeks. We are making builds for playtesting lately, and I would love some more feedback from the Idle Thumbs community :) If you're interested in trying out our early versions of this game, send me a message (here or in DM or in Slack) - I have a discord where I post thoughts/discussion. I'll post some more dev updates as the project progresses; we're finally getting confident enough to start pushing things out to the public.

Here's a gif of my work this morning 803mDIM.gif

And here's an imgur library of our progress throughout the project. https://imgur.com/a/ktzK3 

17 hours ago, WARP DOGS said:

Is helicopter game a genre? Because I notice a distinct lack of helicopters in that GIF!

This is the bad ending, when your child throws himself off of a building to escape your overbearing helicopter parenting techniques.

On 9/8/2017 at 7:48 PM, coughlinjon said:

And here's an imgur library of our progress throughout the project. https://imgur.com/a/ktzK3 

Looking good! :D

Also holy shit you're working with the Absolute Drift dev? I loved that game!

On 9/12/2017 at 5:02 AM, Henke said:

Looking good! :D

Also holy shit you're working with the Absolute Drift dev? I loved that game!

Yeah! Really, Absolute Drift was a full game by another dev before Flippfly got involved, but they partnered with him for the "Zen Edition" that went to consoles and PC - added some game modes, levels, polish, I believe :) They're good at making games, so it's been a dream of for me! I've learned a ton and we're all stoked about the game.

What happened to this helicopter game? You better still be working on it, cause I wanna play it!

yo! It has finally been announced by Flippfly lol. Not in any detail with art or a name, but the fact that we're collaborating on a copter game :)

Here is the gif library I have kept during development: https://imgur.com/a/ktzK3

I recently added a fire propagation system and restructured our play space down to a smaller island. I think we'll be looking for testers soon, so keep a watch on this thread

Those are some TASTY GIFS!

Looking forward to trying this. :)