Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

This holiday season

What games are you thinking of getting?

I'm probably going to get The Bard's Tale and The Sith Lords. If I were to get another game it'd probably be Alien Hominid. Scrapland isn't coming out this year, is it?

I don't really have a holiday budget, I just buy games when I feel like it. I'm interested in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Paper Mario 2, Alien Hominid, Psychonauts, Resident Evil 4. And probably more.

The thing is, it may very well be I won't buy ANY of the games when they're out. Because I don't have the funds. And wait for budget versions of them. And secretly hope they'll all fail so their prices will drop shortly.

Halo 2 is technically the only thing on my must-buy list, because the only system I can play games on right now is an Xbox, and because I have extremely limited funds as I save up for a new PC. I'll be playing Half-Life 2 at my local gaming cafe place, and GTA and Alien Hominid at the house of a friend who I know is buying both those games, as well as probably RE4.

I'll play HL2. If I like it, I'll play HL2 again. Then I'll play HL: Source. By then it should be January. Screw everything else.

On second thought; my schedule is filled with probing Morrowind's every minute intricacy which should take me far into 2006, before I'll be able to even look at any other game again.

I have too many unplayed games already, and I suspect I won't get around to any serious game playing until next summer.

At the moment I'm playing through Gabriel Knight 3, and I play Black & White on and off a bit. I'll definitely buy Half Life 2 (although I probably won't play it any time soon) and I may or may not buy the new Prince of Persia. Psychonauts of course... but I'm wondering if that's coming out that early next year?

Alien Hominid isn't coming out this year, is it?

I'd like to get Castle Shikigami 2, but I don't know what the hell is happening with that game. I put $5 down on it like two months ago, and I haven't heard anything. I think I'm going to have to try to get my $5 back,

Anyway, I do plan on getting MGS3, Metroid Prime 2, the DS, Classic NES Zelda II, and maybe Baten Kaitos. Also Halo 2 and GTA:SA because I am a whore. And what did happen to the GBA Mega Man Anniversary Collection? *checks* end of January? Christ, this game has been delayed by like 8 months!

Holy crap I'll be broke.

Alien Hominid is coming out in a matter of days, at least in North America.

im definitly getting HL2 the day it comes out. im gonna do all my university assignments due the week of the 16 a week in advance, so that i pretty much have the whole week for HL2.

ill prolly also get a DS in december (when i get paid for some computer work i did) with a game (or two).

im not sure if i'll pick anything else up ... i prolly will, but im just not quite sure what :)

SiN

Whatever good amateur adventure games happen to be released. (Curves of Danger hint hint). Also, Beoynd Good & Evil and Broken Sword 3 are on my list.

The only new game I'll propably play is PoP:WW, and if Scrapland comes before the end of the year, I'll get it too.

Other than those, I'll play older games, BG&E is still on my list, as is GTA:VC.

I ordered Broken Sword 3 today. Trep, am I now eligible to join the "George Stobbart Gives Me A Boner And I Want To Grope The Monitor" -group? :naughty:

Since GTA:SA seems to be the ultimate game (any game that features The JB's The Grunt is nothing but awesome), I will have to get that.

It will probably keep me occupied until the next generation of consoles arrive, so that's the only game I plan to get for the coming year or so.

I don't know what it is, but I have zero interest in San Andreas. Everyone's up in arms about it. I owned the first two games, and got quite bored with both. I never finished them, so I'll probably go back to them and try and complete them some day. Who knows, it might heighten my interest in the titles...

...As for what games I want to get. Well, nearly every game due out has my attention. Metroid 2, Paper Mario 2, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Smackdown vs RAW, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Moment of Silence, and probably a ton more which I am forgetting presently. There is a ridiculous amount of games due out, that have got my attention. Half Life 2, I have already pre-ordered, and am eagerly anticipating, especially to see how Half Life Source turns out! Heh, any excuse to replay a masterpiece. :D

In addition, I'll probably just be finishing up old games (NOLF 2, Thief Deadly Shadows, URU, In Memorium, Final Fantasy X-2), and continuing to immerse myself in Final Fantasy 11 (Square's got me by the throat on this one!!). But, I won't have as much time for games, as I'll be working through my creative writing course, and plugging at my story, so I can get cracking at it. :)

But yeah, fun times for gamers!!

I don't know what it is, but I have zero interest in San Andreas. Everyone's up in arms about it. I owned the first two games, and got quite bored with both. I never finished them, so I'll probably go back to them and try and complete them some day. Who knows, it might heighten my interest in the titles...
The first two games have almost nothing in common with GTA3 and Vice City, except for the basic organized crime plot element and the gameplay of stealing cars and causing mayhem. Try out Vice City or something. It's not necessary to complete the games, that's not really the point as much as it is with other games. I never completed Vice City but it's so open-ended that I still had a blast with it.

He probably did mean GTA3 and Vice City by "the first two games". A lot of people do that.

I suspected as much but I chose to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, at one point or another, I owned all the GTA games. Sorry for the confusion.

If I'm honest, I think I've been permanently scarred by playing "Free Roam F*ck round" with GTA 3 and Vice City, with my mates when pissed up.

I don't think I ever recovered from trying to get as many police badges as possible, and mowing down people for no motive whatsoever.

Though I will say, I did much prefer Vice City to GTA 3. I will probably go back to both and play them through, but not with much enthusiasm unfortunately.

I guess I'm more of a Final Fantasy bod at heart. :D