Sign in to follow this  
clyde

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

I'm super excited about Bannerlord and I was NOT expecting a five-on-five multiplayer mode where you order troops around. I'm so excited.

I actually came here to make a thread about this after getting equally excited by that video. It's everything I've ever wanted from Mount & Blade multiplayer. This game is going to be amazing.

10 hours ago, TychoCelchuuu said:

I actually came here to make a thread about this after getting equally excited by that video. It's everything I've ever wanted from Mount & Blade multiplayer. This game is going to be amazing.

Yeah, same. If it's all of the depth and texture of the first game(s) and none of the jank, it'll be one of those games that I might play for years.

Man, so looking forward to this! I'm glad they are finally starting to release footage, I was getting a little nervous!

Commander Battles is my favourite multiplayer game mode in the Napoleonic Wars DLC, so I'm glad Bannerlords will feature this! 

I had no idea this mode was in Fire&Sword until I read a RPS article yesterday. I'll wait for Bannnerlord.

I hardly play games any more, but this is exciting. M&B Warband multiplayer was the most time I've ever spent on any single game.

Maybe it's that I've been away from playing any games lately, but it seems a bit too chaotic. I can't tell what's going on from those videos, or what the actual dynamics of the battle are. (I skimmed the videos)

Skimming probably doesn't help, because the camera cuts already make it tough to follow. The general idea is that flags spawn around the map, and the teams are trying to capture the flags by standing near them, but also you can win by killing all of the enemy. So basically those are the goals the players have, and they are ordering their troops around to accomplish that. The latest video has lots of skirmishing by horse archers, some charges on infantry by cavalry, and infantry defending flags.

Watching some PC gamer video overview... man it looks so familiar in many ways, especially the world map, menus etc. I hope they will actually have a better single player campaign this time, though.