danreeves

Dr Sbaitso bot

Hey all, new to the forum.

Jakes recent impressions of Dr Sbaitso inspired me to:

1.  Look up what Dr Sbaitso is
  2. Make a twitter bot so I could enjoy it anytime

You can tweet at it (twitter.com/sbaitsobot) and it'll reply to you. The text matching is a bit of a hack so may not be 100% truthful to the SBAITSO.EXE logic but it's real audio coming out of DOSBox.

Let me know if you have any questions about it or have any fun ideas for it

Haha, that's really cool.

I have such strong memories of being in the computer lab in junior high making SBAITSO say foul things. I actually used him as a vocalist in a couple of songs.

Great bot!

Just tested it out. One thing that would be cool if you can recreate it: in the original program, typing "say butt" would make him say "butt." It bypasses the logic and simply gives him a string to pronounce. Of course, half the fun is trying to get him to say dumb stuff naturally, but sometimes you want to hear a primitive voice synthesizer say something specific.

I highly approve. 

My most prominent Dr. Sbaitso memory is a boy at school telling me that if you were a bit flirty with him (Dr. Sbaitso, not the boy) eventually he would say something along the lines of "Ooh, my chips are melting!" I think I remember that because at the time I didn't understand it. 

@Salacious Snake Thanks. I purposefully left out that functionality to minimise risk of abuse. I've got a whitelist that allows certain people to DM the account and it'll echo that. It's not perfect; there are still ways of making it say things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@James Can confirm that line is in there :lol: