Chris

Idle Thumbs BONUS: Ruination Online July 2017

Idle Thumbs BONUS:

Idle Thumbs BONUS

Ruination Online July 2017
Enjoy this bonus episode drawn from our Idle Thumbs Patreon Ruination Online! Each month, we do a livestream where all topics have been posed by high-tier backers of our Patreon campaign: patreon.com/IdleThumbs. This month it's a lightning round: two minutes an answer for maximum efficiency.

Due to popular demand, we're releasing the audio of that stream to the main podcast feed for easier listening.

We'll be back with a regular episode of Idle Thumbs next week!

Discussed: The future of VR headset adoption, indie comic books and adapting comics to other mediums, the origin of the "baboo" sound, making an RPG character sheet for yourself, Legion, vowels, visiting and living through an event from history, the moon, Lord Nelson's final words, what makes for a good ruination question?

A note: One answer on this podcast makes reference to Important If True Episode 24, a podcast which has not yet been released. Whoops! We forgot how our schedule works. Look for that episode on Thursday, July 27 for the answer to Reggie Clark's intriguing question, "If you were really a robot would you want to know?"

Alright, I have to come clean about Minion Thong. I don't want to say that I'm responsible for it, but I will admit that I created the circumstances in which Minion Thong could happen and thrive.

Bear with me, as this is a lot of tweets:

It all started out innocently enough but it quickly spiraled out of control https://storify.com/jennegatron/minion-thong-i-m-so-sorry

I collected the crimes in a storify. My heart goes out to the dear thumbs that suffered with me.

A couple highlights:

Storify is having a hard time handling the sheer magnitude of minions tweets, so I recommend clicking through some of the links for a full experience.

When you were answering the greatest Thief question and Nick started with "there was that one guy who stole all that money..." I was genuinely surprised when he didn't continue with "...and wasn't going to give it back".

Steve is Reginald Barclay, I think. At the very least, somebody in this crew has to be Reginald Barclay.

Steve is Q.  Source: I thought of it before Chris did.  Clearly there must be some Qness about him for the two of us to independently come to the same conclusion like that.

I'm going to give this my best shot. For the sake of challenge, I'll name characters from both shows for each of the Thumbs:

• Chris is Worf and Odo.
  • Jake is Geordi and Rom.
  • Nick is Barclay and O'Brien.
  • Sean is Riker and Bashir.
  • Steve is Guinan and Jadzia Dax.
  • Danielle is Tasha Yar and Kira.

Woof, that was tough. And that list is bad, but whatever.

Apparently, and I may have read this here, the Mona Lisa was not very well-known by the general public until it was stolen and later recovered.

Damn it those Minion tweets...

Also, subscription services are already a thing. EA has EA access, Microsoft has the Game Pass, and Sony has PlayStation Now.