WARP DOGS

[KICKSTARTER: 85% FUNDED!] Village Monsters - A cozy life-sim with adventure, mystery, and monsters!

Phew, what a whirlwind the last 36 hours have been. I'm not exactly sure how much sleep I've grabbed since this thing launched, but it's surely not a lot!

Hopefully I'm not being too annoying spamming this, but I'd be remiss not to include a link to the Kickstarter at the top of this post :)

A few notes!

• I am super insanely happy to report the game has reached the 20% funding mark! There's still plenty of campaign left, but I cannot even properly express how much gratitude I feel toward people that have backed already. Thank you!!!
  • A number of tiers have sold out already, but the Early Bird tier - where you can grab the game for $12 - still has ~60 slots
  • Today I also added an additional reward I'm calling Village Younger. The Village Elder tier - the reward that allowed you to design your own monster - sold out very quickly on the first day. This new tier is identical to Elder with one difference: the monster you design will be added to the game after launch. This is so that we have enough time to design and create a really cool monster without impacting the overall schedule of the game

Things will most likely slow down from here on out if previous Kickstarters are any indication. I'm actually ok with that, as I'll use the 'downtime' to resume working on the game. I'm hoping to get out several new releases between now and the end of the Kickstarter, though of course they'll be smaller in size than the previous bi-monthly demos.

Thanks as always for following along!

On 9/13/2017 at 5:40 PM, infamous space turtle said:

This is sweet, id throw some money your way if i had some. Artistic Golem is my favourite kind of Golum.

Thanks man! I also take kind words as payment in these stressful times :)

The whirlwind rages on. 

It's stressful, sure, but there's also something fun about running around like your hair is on fire - it makes the days feel a lot more productive

I'm foregoing the typical weekend digest this week because a) I don't have time, and B) I didn't really do a whole lot on the game this week/ Still, I do have a few things to chat about, so let's make like a gun and bullet.

Oh, and again, I'd be silly to not link to the Kickstarter at the top of the post! If you like what you see in this topic and want to support me, then please consider sharing or making a pledge.

Regarding Kickstarter...

• Early this afternoon I crossed the 30% funded mark, which is a tremendous milestone. Thank you to everyone who has backed the campaign! Your support has given me so much motivation.
  • The Early Bird tier is just about sold out - as of writing this there's only ~15 slots left. Act fast if you want to get the game at the lowest possible price
  • The newly introduced Village Younger tier has slots left as well. If you're interested in a monster of your design being added to the cast of Village Monsters then please take a look
  • I've started posting longer looks at the various systems and features of Village Monsters on Kickstarter. The latest one is on the Mysteries system. They're view-able by anyone - no backing required

m1Es8XU.gif

Regarding the Game...

• Another Alpha 1 released today. You can grab it right here. Alpha 1.03 brings with it some more bug fixes, but more importantly it's the first demo that includes Linux support! You'll see a separate link on the Downloads page for Linux. I haven't forgotten about you, Mac - it's just a lot harder to get you up and running on Virtual Box
  • Alpha 1.03 also re-implements the ability to swap your gender - a much requested feature
  • Finally, Alpha 1.03 makes it a bit easier to send feedback. It seems some people were having some issues, as my inbox has been full of feedback emails that look like the below. That should hopefully now be fixed :)

ennPxdK.png

Well, that'll do it for now. Hopefully this coming week is a bit slower, as I'll be able to get more done on the game - including more dev streams!

Glad to see it's off to a good start! Just got my pledge in now :)

I looove the idea of Mysteries. A really good way to hook in some more clear progress to latch onto in a game that's otherwise so formless. Plus it still fits the almost "slice of life" anime feel, where it's not a quest or problem to be solved, it's just a curiosity that you can figure out.

Good luck over the next few weeks!

Man, I let this topic die without ever intending to.

First I was busy with Kickstarter, then I was busy about being sad that the Kickstarter looked like it was going to fail, and now I'm back to thinking this thing might actually succeed!

It's still a long shot, and there's only 12 hours left, but I'm really...really hopeful it can make it.

(And hopefully I can stop spamming this dumb link!)

Please consider backing or sharing to help me through this final stretch!

Hey there, I pitched into the kickstarter - hope you make your goal, you are obviously passionate about your game and I look forward to checking it out!

Ahhh, congrats! I was worried but then you had a hell of a last day. Looking forward to the development and updates over the next while!