Chris

Idle Weekend June 18, 2017: Madness Mechanics

Idle Weekend June 18, 2017:

Idle Weekend June 18, 2017

Madness Mechanics
We survived E3! That's reason enough to do a horror-themed episode this weekend, thanks to a nifty demo for Distrust. We take a lovely tour through some of our favorite, terrifying game experiences, with a light sprinkling of film. Then, we move on to our mailbox and dig into two very exciting weekend projects. Note: we had some slight mic issues this episode. Discussed: Distrust, Alien: Isolation, It Follows, Alien, Lost, The Babadook, Prey, System Shock 2, Alan Wake, Soma, Her Story, Doom III, Gabriel Knight II, Xena: Warrior Princess, 24 Hours of Le Mans, Orange is the New Black

The mic issues were okay once I imagined it was just Rob cosplaying as a Big Daddy for the occasion ;-)

Oh man, I had the same Gabriel Knight 2 experience as Rob. No idea how I didn't pick up on any of that stuff as I played it.

Also the adventure game that Danielle talks about after that is Moebius, it was in fact designed by Jane Jensen, and it's TERRIBLE. I don't know how the writing in it was so bad considering she wrote my favorite adventure game series, cowrote the best King's Quest, and even her game before Moebius, Gray Matter, was fine if kind of corny. It was also really buggy and the art design was bad too.