getinthedamnbox

[RELEASE] The Purity of a Child's Boredom

Hey everyone, here's my game: The Purity of a Child's Boredom.

I think the Showcase Weekend is a really good idea, and it makes me wish all jams did that. For the last jam I participated in, I ended up playing every game and posting about my favorites. It was super fulfilling, even more so than making a game. Looking forward to doing that this time too.

A weird little curio, I enjoyed poking at the edges of it!

EDIT: woah!

I just looked at my desktop and had a little surprise waiting for me! Very cool!

I like this a lot. Really well executed the way it unfolds, and the seamless way the music syncs up to the action. Surprising and entertaining.

19 hours ago, FartSatchel said:

Had no idea what was going on till the end, then had a genuine laugh out loud moment. Thank you for the ???

Excellent haha. I had a lot of fun pixeling out that nice chunky Rio.

17 hours ago, pdotjpg said:

I like this a lot. Really well executed the way it unfolds, and the seamless way the music syncs up to the action. Surprising and entertaining.

Thank you!

This was really delightful. I didn't know what the heck I was doing but I had fun doing it. Great audio and visuals. And 

Spoiler

saving out my attack log to an image file was a nice touch :)

21 hours ago, brendonsmall said:

This was really delightful. I didn't know what the heck I was doing but I had fun doing it. Great audio and visuals. And

Thank you! It's a lovely surprise for me to see that last bit being spoiler-tagged. I'm glad you and Ben X got enough of a kick out of it to do that.

Great tie-in of the podcast!

Spoiler

I think the spoiled part doesn't work on a Mac? Or I can't find it?

@ryanfb Ah, that's too bad. Thanks for the heads up. I know it works on my Mac, so I wonder why it doesn't for yours. Just to be sure:

Spoiler

After the game ended, did you sign the piece of paper in the menu, see the little animation on the "save" button, and then press that button? It should save a .png to your desktop when you do.

This delivered the good kind of bafflement - "I don't know what's happening but I like it". The transition into the nicely executed main scene was really effective and surprising. Also the postgame stuff was cool.

This is fantastic, man! 

I have no idea the connection between the pod bits and the bird scene, but amazingly well done and I greatly enjoy the experimental weirdness on display!

Did I..save something?

Thanks, @atte and @z_bill! Super nice to hear. :]

53 minutes ago, z_bill said:

Did I..save something?

Yes, you might have . . .

Spoiler

If you pressed the "save" button when it started blinking, the game should've deposited a souvenir on your desktop.