Jake

Important If True 18: Important If Rhymes With True

1 minute ago, RubixsQube said:

I like that @Kyir saw he had too much garlic and decided to write into a podcast about it instead of, you know, googling "recipes that involve a lot of garlic."

Terminology aside, I think we can all agree that @Kyir took exactly the correct approach here, and his instincts should be seen as instructive.

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

Terminology aside, I think we can all agree that @Kyir took exactly the correct approach here, and his instincts should be seen as instructive.

From now on I will direct all search inquiries to [email protected] instead of Google.

18 minutes ago, Chris said:

I suppose you're the person on the other end of the emails, so I retract my sass

This garlic soup is amazing and would be an easy way to blow through a ton of garlic. It sounds like it would be aggressive and overpowering, like getting maced with garlic, but it's really surprisingly mellow, very creamy and warming. Probably not the best in the heat of summer, though. A fun side effect is that through this soup I discovered my sister and I have the same blush response to way too much garlic, as we were red-faced for a while after eating this the first time.

edit: only now I see someone else posted essentially the same recipe on like the second post. Hoisted by URLs. I guess I'm seconding that recommend.

Edited by Pangaea Ultima
Noticed I'd been scooped

This episode convinced me that, from the long list of silly things our podcast hosts have come up with throughout these years, Lord Hoistmas might be the silliest. I love it. 

On 6/19/2017 at 7:16 PM, Kyir said:

Orange slices are also naturally formed though, and I've never heard them referred to as anything else. Furthermore, slices much more clearly describes the nature of the garlic sections, while clove does not.

Maybe it's just a UK thing, but we call them orange segments - slices invoke an image of a much thinner slither of <whatever> created with a knife.

Before a trip to San Francisco a couple of years ago, I was after restaurant recommendations, and one of my friends recommended The Stinking Rose, a garlic restaurant. We didn't go (too many other places to try first!), but was wondering if any of the Thumbs had?

4 hours ago, fondue said:

Maybe it's just a UK thing, but we call them orange segments - slices invoke an image of a much thinner slither of <whatever> created with a knife.

Before a trip to San Francisco a couple of years ago, I was after restaurant recommendations, and one of my friends recommended The Stinking Rose, a garlic restaurant. We didn't go (too many other places to try first!), but was wondering if any of the Thumbs had?

Yeah "orange segments" is definitely better. I've heard both, not sure if one is dominant here or if it's regional or what.

I've actually never been to The Stinking Rose! It's one of those restaurants I've always been vaguely aware of but have never made the effort to investigate.

I thought of a good like, subtutle, or tagline for the 'cast. 

Important if True, Apocryphal if Poo

Anyway I really have to try that just, roasting some garlic and spreading it on bread. That sounds great.