Cordeos

E3 2017

29 minutes ago, Merus said:

You are all excellent people, every last one of you. Let's enjoy some more Entertainment 3.

Here, here.  I feel like I might have instigated the derailment with my glib fuck Notch. Mind you, it would have come up at some point, no doubt.

Microsoft had plenty of stuff. Stuff,  but nothing that makes me need an Xbox, X or S. If one came out of a Christmas cracker, fabulous! But they never seem to have that one irresistible game - it's the same every year. Backwards compatibility is a crowd pleaser. Theoretically I could have the best of everything MS have ever done in one smallish box. That's attractive...at $250. But then I'd know i was missing out on the 'proper' one.

Related question: who here actually owns an Xbone?

Not going to watch the EA conference. I listened to the Tired Old Hack podcast summary and it sounds toilet. I watched a DF video of Battlefront 2 and it looked predictably pretty.

Watching the tepid reaction to Bethesda's conference as someone who recently joined the ZeniMax Family has been... an interesting experience. Heh.

Bannerlord!

All i really want is a less jank Mount and Blade game, it needs 0 new features

The XCOM 2 expansion seems... not great, not that there is a lot of information to go off of.

I look forward to killing more Nazis in the Wolfenstein sequel, and killing the Outsider in the Dishonored 2 DLC.

Tacoma looks lovely.

Klei's new game also looks lovely, and I wish I had a better idea of what the game was.

Bummed about the new Bioware thing.

6 minutes ago, sclpls said:

The XCOM 2 expansion seems... not great, not that there is a lot of information to go off of.

I look forward to killing more Nazis in the Wolfenstein sequel, and killing the Outsider in the Dishonored 2 DLC.

Tacoma looks lovely.

Klei's new game also looks lovely, and I wish I had a better idea of what the game was.

Bummed about the new Bioware thing.

Yeah once I realized the Xcom2 expansion was additional content for the campaign I lost interest. I found the overworld stuff to be really annoying

These responses are tiring. There it is again, the "gamergate was misunderstood and misrepresented" nonsense. As if they've never even heard of its founding event and naming circumstances. Tim Soret has been digging himself pretty deeply into the gg trenches and their strategies.

So, whatever changed in the guy's life didn't change until August 2015, less than two years ago.

Also, Markus Persson has been redpilling for a while now. Time for him to finally delete his twitter account.

5 minutes ago, Vainamoinen said:

Whatever changed in the guy's life didn't change until August 2015, less than two years ago.

As referenced on the previous page, he made transphobic and anti-identitarian comments two months ago, so I doubt he's changed at all. He just has a game coming out and is willing to make a "sorry you were offended" apology to make people feel okay about buying it.

I really, really liked the Mario+Rabbids thing. It looked like a fun X-Com with long strings of combos. And the art was good.

The Mario + Rabbids trailer was aggressively obnoxious. They really went out of their way to find the lamest stock rock song, and the "jokes", eeesh.

1 hour ago, BigJKO said:

I really, really liked the Mario+Rabbids thing. It looked like a fun X-Com with long strings of combos. And the art was good.

Same, I'm very much looking forward to it now.

I thought it was alright. In fact, the whole Ubi conference was pretty good. Assassin's Creed looks like it has done for a decade, as does the spin-off pirate ship thing (seems like a kick to Rare's nuts too) but that No Man's Sky/toys-to-life thing looks intriguing. BG&E2 looks really ambitious, much more than the standard cookie-cutter sequel. Even Far Cry looked better than I expected.

Going back to the MS conference, the most interesting looking games were The Last Night and Anthem. Super Lucky's Tale looked like a Conker X 3D World response to Yooka-Laylee. Weird.

BG&E was such a whimsical and charming little game. I object to it being beat over the head with the bad-ass stick.

Mario and Rabbids looked really good except for the whole part where it features Rabbids.

Ugh.

Where is this BG&E2 trailer tho.

That Anthem dialogue was supposed to be real-world players? Bwah ha ha, that's dreadful! I actually thought to myself "oh. that's clever, they've created a world where these Iron Man people treat it like a multiplayer game and talk about it like real-world players! They should have gone all the way with it though because the acting and dialogue is all so stiff it still sounds like space marine jocks and ruins the effect."

okay i saw the bg&e2 trailer and that fuckin city looks so fuckin good and full and

i mean it's a trailer but i still appreciate the crafting of that world

It's a prequel, apparently, which is a shame because I wanted to see more Jade but I guess we're instead going to get more of the weird backstory people didn't like much.

Also it's Ubisoft so look forward to icon clearing I guess

y'all can't kill my joy with your cynicism!