Cordeos

E3 2017

10 minutes ago, Kyir said:

More on the thread's general topic, how are people feeling Anthem? I'm having a really hard time trusting BioWare lately, even before ME:A, but it's also a different team and looks pretty? My cynicism is currently outweighing everything else, but I'd really like it to be good.

Anthem looked pretty but nothing I saw made me interested in playing it.  Not that I'm dismissing it entirely but graphics are the last thing I usually care about in a game.

I'm pretty sure I've crossed into old man territory because I haven't seen anything yet that makes me excited at all with the exception of some titles that were already known.

6 minutes ago, SecretAsianMan said:

Anthem looked pretty but nothing I saw made me interested in playing it.  Not that I'm dismissing it entirely but graphics are the last thing I usually care about in a game.

I'm pretty sure I've crossed into old man territory because I haven't seen anything yet that makes me excited at all with the exception of some titles that were already known.

Not alone there, but I haven't played any Dishonoured yet and that's the only thing I'd potentially be interested in so far. PlayStation and Nintendo are generally more my speed at the moment.

37 minutes ago, Kyir said:

More on the thread's general topic, how are people feeling Anthem? I've been having a really hard time trusting BioWare lately, even before ME:A, but it's also a different team and looks pretty? My cynicism is currently outweighing everything else, but I'd really like it to be good.

I would like to see the game in a less staged form, it looks alright but MMO loot progression, see endless grind, is really not interesting to me these days.

Side note, could developers just not put fake multiplayer dialog in their videos? The fake relationships and canned lines in the Anthem video are pretty atrocious.

14 minutes ago, Cordeos said:

Side note, could developers just not put fake multiplayer dialog in their videos? The fake relationships and canned lines in the Anthem video are pretty atrocious.

Seconded.  I would prefer to hear some marketing talk to an awkward script.  Or better yet just let the game speak for itself.

HAHAHA i can't believe they linked the forum thread where he came in and insisted the patriarchy doesn't exist in paris

Anthem looked pretty but I don't think they showed off the actual game very well. There's some flight suit stuff and shooting and it's got progression I guess from the level indicators, but is it an open world? Is there a proper story and missions? Is there any single player?

The canned lines sounded so phony that it took my flatmate and I a few lines to know if it was meant to be chatter from the players or generic in-game character chatter.

My fav part of the canned dialogue was that it seemed like it was the same voice that talked to the NPC in the beginning. Someone pointed out elsewhere that the player talk is actually a different person, but I absolutely didn't get that vibe during the live viewing. Especially because it took me so long to realize it was canned dialogue. Because it was so unnatural. Not just in tone, but also content.

What a dumb trend.

I'm excited to hear about the new Wolfenstein, which looks great (although I haven't played The Old Blood yet) and I'm super excited about the Dishonored 2 DLC, having just finished the game not too long ago. The new Wolfenstein is so amazing that it's even able to make an evil person understand why representation in media matters, although he doesn't realized that he's learned a lesson. (Bonus hilarious tweet. Apparently the game series that has been about killing Nazis since 1981 is fulfilling its "diversity quota" by making Nazis the bad guys.)

I sit in conversations with people I used to work with and they are like 'people need to get over racism' and I am like 'have you read some of the stuff that people post on the internet?'

The comments Tim made in 2014 are certainly surprising and don’t fit the person we know...

How about comments made two months ago?

39 minutes ago, TychoCelchuuu said:

I'm excited to hear about the new Wolfenstein, which looks great (although I haven't played The Old Blood yet) and I'm super excited about the Dishonored 2 DLC, having just finished the game not too long ago. The new Wolfenstein is so amazing that it's even able to make an evil person understand why representation in media matters, although he doesn't realized that he's learned a lesson. (Bonus hilarious tweet. Apparently the game series that has been about killing Nazis since 1981 is fulfilling its "diversity quota" by making Nazis the bad guys.)

We are now in an era where people wonder if maybe the Nazi's weren't so bad. (Hint: THEY ARE THE WORST)

10 hours ago, BillTheCat said:

"The Bob Dylan of video games:"

That looks pretty good, but I have to say that I'm pretty skeptical of any early stuff from Bioware after Andromeda. 

9 minutes ago, Cordeos said:

We are now in an era where people wonder if maybe the Nazi's weren't so bad. (Hint: THEY ARE THE WORST)

22 minutes ago, Cordeos said:

Remember the 'Duke' Xbox controller that was universally panned?

ITS BACK BABY!

Honestly this is my favorite console controller. I tend to not be a huge fan of controllers - the Playstation consoles, for instance, have never had a controller I've liked at all. It just feels terrible. My hands aren't even huge, either! They're normal sized! For whatever reason, the huge XBOX controller was the most comfortable and natural for me.

I'm also really excited for the impending invasion of shitlords since the other thread about that GatorGator got linked at RPS or whatever. And by "excited" I mean "what did we do to deserve this?"

FWIW there's been a number of times since the conception of GG that we've been worried about an influx of shitlords, but it rarely comes to anything significant. There have, of course, been a number of instances and periods of "high" frequency, but they tend to leave fairly quickly, in general.

That said, batten down the hatches!

15 minutes ago, TychoCelchuuu said:

I'm also really excited for the impending invasion of shitlords since the other thread about that GatorGator got linked at RPS or whatever. And by "excited" I mean "what did we do to deserve this?"

It was linked in the developers official statement so every outlet that quotes or links it will also link here.

1 minute ago, Cordeos said:

It was linked in the developers official statement so every outlet that quotes or links it will also link here.

What did I miss?  Some dev actually linked to an IT forum thread?

Indeed, shitlording is the one kind of lording we do not encourage. People registering just to shitlord will be managed.

1 minute ago, Bjorn said:

What did I miss?  Some dev actually linked to an IT forum thread?

Raw Fury did in their non-apology, non-explanation for Tim Soret's behavior. They thoguht it was a good example of his attitude. See the last page for the whole quote. It's good. "Good."

16 minutes ago, Twig said:

Raw Fury did in their non-apology, non-explanation for Tim Soret's behavior. They thoguht it was a good example of his attitude. See the last page for the whole quote. It's good. "Good."

Derp, it was at the end of the page and I missed it.

Man, I sure was a lot more willing to write walls o text in 2014 than I am now.  Also, time travel message to bjorn of 2014, use some paragraph breaks yo.

Edited to add: The naive defense is annoying.  It's a "boys will be boys" excuse. 

I still regret how angry I got in that thread, but hey what can ya do about the past!

2 minutes ago, Bjorn said:

Man, I sure was a lot more willing to write walls o text in 2014 than I am now.  Also, time travel message to bjorn of 2014, use some paragraph breaks yo.

The single line line breaks from all the posts of that era got deleted. Your posts were fine, they just look weird now.

I forgot I had posted in that thread. Turns out I did! Cool.

I pinged Doug and several Thumbs to let them know so they could lock the thread. I can't imagine they'll do too much damage if the thread itself is locked, and the forum has impeccable standards of behaviour which will disorient any shitlords enough to contain them.

You are all excellent people, every last one of you. Let's enjoy some more Entertainment 3.