Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Weekend June 11, 2017: Off to the Races

Idle Weekend June 11, 2017:

Idle Weekend June 11, 2017

Off to the Races
This weekend, we're all about going really fast in pretty places. We discuss our favorite racing games, spurned on by a couple of recent humdingers, Dirt 4 and Wipeout Omega Collection, and Rob's love of F1.

Discussed: Wipeout Omega Collection, Dirt 4, Codemasters' Formula 1 series, Dirt 2, Dirt 3, Split/Second, Road Redemption, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing, Rad Racer, Side Effects, LadyKiller in a Bind, Anna Anthropy's Triad, Lip Service, The Hunger, American Gods, Michael Chabon, Farscape, The Americans, The Good Wife, Turn, Wonder Woman.

I just shared a 'racing' story in another thread haha, this episode made me regret not saving it.

Oh wow, the mention of "The Hunger" takes me back...  The ALLIES group at my college watched that for a movie night, and after the fact we were poking around the DVD special features.  In an interview, Susan Sarandon talks about how being in this movie really changed her fan base.  We decided "changing your fan base" was the perfect euphemism for coming out and made up a batch of t-shirts that just read "I changed my fan base".

Catching up on episodes, and this downloaded in Pocket Casts as an episode of Important if True. I'll listen on SoundCloud instead, but just an FYI.