Sign in to follow this  
melmer

Fortnite

This comes out in like 6 weeks

I'm tempted to just pre-order as it look really good, this years overwatch.

Weirdly the standard edition is really cheap, £35 playstation digital. Which makes me think there be a lot of nickel and diming after the fact. The 4 more expensive editions bolt on exclusive weapons/outfits and gives you a bunch on xp boosts and piñatas (Which i assume is this game loot boxes)

HOOOOOPEEEEFUULYY there's a decent single player experience??? à la Orcs must die. Although i haven't seen any mention of it :/ I just don't want to have to communicate with randoms. "Hey lets go this way, hey build a trap here" hmmmm. I had the same misgivings about Overwatch and still had a ton of fun with that game, but equal frustration at bad team mates. (I can't talk, i always play these games as a lone wolf and go off a do my own thing, stilol with the team and game objective in mind.) It'll be good if you can just get on with your own thing without needing to communicate too much. On screen props for when base is getting over run etc

HOOOOOPEEEFFUUULLLYY this'll have cross platform play across PS4, xbox and PC, as that'll be better for making a game with people on here. I saw some article yesterday about Xbox going cross platform for online multilayer, perhaps that'll be the big thing this E3. Fingers crossed playstation won't be a party pooper. This feels like the ideal type of game to have full cross platform support

nice website

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/home

Can do solo mission

Hour long online games with randoms rage quitting. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. HOPPEPEUFLUFYFUTTYYY it'll have drop in and drop out multiplayer mid games/rounds

You are very hopeful.

I guess my problem is that I haven't seen enough evidence to justify paying 50 quid for a tower defence/Horde game. I get that there is likely more to the game, but no one has explained what that is exactly.

Once reviews start coming out and there is a little more detail, I might be interested but the pricing is kind of nuts.

I just bought it! It's pretty neat! :tup:

I'm "bigjko" on there if anyone wants to play.

Also, none of my missions have lasted an hour so far. They've been like 10-20 min games, maybe? They're over pretty quickly, I feel. You could, theoretically just not activate the objective and go resource-hunting for hours, I guess?

I had a couple of friends pick it up, and then I realized I had a $20 discount for being in the Alpha, so I sprung for it. Missions have been pretty easy so far, and could be done in 10-20 minutes, but yeah you could take longer on some of them if you just want to resource hunt. My friend that has progressed further than me says it starts to get harder around power level 9. That's out of 100, so it seems like there could be pretty challenging missions at the end requiring a lot of team coordination.

As for reasons to play, it's more-or-less a loot grind game. You get random card packs with various survivors and blueprints. Each card can be leveled independently. The survivors mostly give you passive stat boosts, but there are some you can call in to fight with you and others are your actual character. You use the blueprints to craft guns, guns wear out over time, and you have to craft them again. Typing it out makes it sound boring, but I've found it to be a good mix where there's always something new to play with, but some decent long term goals as well. Also, the shooting feels really good.

One thing you might not have seen is that you get to build small defenses in each mission, but you also have a home base you have to defend on occasion. Any building you do there is remembered, so that fort gets to be pretty huge with multiple spots to protect and such.

is anyone playing Battle Royale? mildly interesting controversy going on right now. I picked it up and it runs pretty well on my 2012 machine (iMac, running Windows).

FBR has entered heavy rotation in my personal play-time. I haven't played Plunkbat, only watched. FBR is fun for a few gamesd til I finish in the top 10, then I'm done for the day.

PUBG is going to be massive on the Xbox. 

My PC can't handle PUBG, and the PS4 has no other battle royale style games so I gave this a go and am really enjoying it. 

The game needs a little work, like auto pick up ammo, easier weapon / material switching, the ability to swap shoulders when aiming, maybe adding vehicles to the game. But its fun, colourful and the base building makes it unique. 

I'm up for this, seeing as it's friendly towards my CPU and disposable income capabilities, especially if there's a Thumbs Crew so we can fail gloriously together.

I had some good times yesterday playing this with my brother. Apart from how fiddly picking up stuff can be, it's good fun and the price is right. 

5 hours ago, brkl said:

Apart from how fiddly picking up stuff can be

Oh, wow, so they really *did* just outright copy PUBG! :fart: