Sunless

[RELEASE] Super Pools n' Ghosts

I like this. Reminds me of Persona.

Your approach to make it ultra-simple then add in features as they occur to you is a smart one I think.

Thanks for the great feedback guys!

I think my game is done, only thing thats annoying me is the flickering UI in this gif.

Not sure why its happening, seems to only happen when 2 or more animated pieces of UI are displayed.

But at this point I think I'll just tag it as 'known: shippable' :)

ezgif.com-optimize (5).gif

Nope, Win version doesn't work because it's just the .exe file. You need to include the whole folder in the download, including the "Data" folder.

50 minutes ago, Henke said:

Nope, Win version doesn't work because it's just the .exe file. You need to include the whole folder in the download, including the "Data" folder.

Thanks so much for letting me know! I'll upload those files now.

Yup, it works! Very nice and eerie game. :)

Only bugs I found was that if you're walking when you start talking to someone you keep on walking, and if you walk next to the door on the left the camera clips through the wall. Oh, and I had to Alt+F4 to quit, you should include a proper quit function.

Also, one last technical note on the Win build: the 2 .pdb files in the folder are debug files(Unity always includes these). They're not needed for the game, so if you delete them before zipping you can cut down the size by quite a few MB's.

2 hours ago, Henke said:

Yup, it works! Very nice and eerie game. :)

Only bugs I found was that if you're walking when you start talking to someone you keep on walking, and if you walk next to the door on the left the camera clips through the wall. Oh, and I had to Alt+F4 to quit, you should include a proper quit function.

Also, one last technical note on the Win build: the 2 .pdb files in the folder are debug files(Unity always includes these). They're not needed for the game, so if you delete them before zipping you can cut down the size by quite a few MB's.

Thank you, this is really helpful!

Really cute little game. I agree that the atmosphere is great. Love the art and especially the music.

Spoiler

The gag/twist at the heart of this works really well. I laughed out loud.

As for complaints, I'll echo the little issues that Henke mentioned, and the fact that I wasn't quite sure when I was done with the game.

Thanks for the feedback guys! 

I should be able to upload a build with bug fixes and a few improvements later this week!

Really cute and at the same time pretty dark, very nicely done!

The only issues I had were the walking thing and the text of the quote ghost being a little too fast.

You can also take a peek at the beautiful pink sky through the walls(at the little recesses/doorways) but those are all really minor things. :)

I have to agree with everybody, it's a game with a really nice atmosphere . The 3D, 2d and music go very well together and with the theme.

The main things I would add to it would be a way to quickly restart the game.

Spoiler

I jumped in the pool pretty much right away, which is fine but then I had to alt-F4 and launch the game again to see the human dialogues. Which I don't think you want your players to do.

Also having the ability to pass the dialogues would be a nice plus. Having to wait every time to see the different answers got a bit tedious.

Also hamburger mode :tup:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

Haven't had much time to work on the game since last week.

Trying to figure out a way to stop her movement while in conversation.

Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out soon.

The animated UI assets in this were really cool and well made, and made me wish I could made stuff with that style and character.