fabian

[RELEASE] Transmission Lost

What's the correct way to launch this using the two .rar files? Do I merge the folders? I tried that and got to the sample analysis part, but then the game froze. I'm wondering if my graphics card just couldn't take it, or if I did something wrong.

Also, good lord, these production values. I was talking out loud to my partner as I played, wondering how huge the team had to be for this. I mean, even the basketball comes with its own sound effect. I hope you slept soundly for at least 48 hours straight after finishing this!

I asked this on Slack. I was told that if you extract the first zip folder it will automatically do the second one at the same time. Worked for me!

43 minutes ago, getinthedamnbox said:

What's the correct way to launch this using the two .rar files? Do I merge the folders? I tried that and got to the sample analysis part, but then the game froze. I'm wondering if my graphics card just couldn't take it, or if I did something wrong.

If you have something like win rar installed, a double click on the first part should unpack both .rar-archives just fine. Did it freeze multiple times at the exact same point of the game? Did the game run fine until that point? 

Edit: seems like Ben X already replied to this while I was typing. :) So yeah, you don't have to manually merge anything. I probably should mention that somewhere at itch.io 

43 minutes ago, getinthedamnbox said:

Also, good lord, these production values. I was talking out loud to my partner as I played, wondering how huge the team had to be for this. I mean, even the basketball comes with its own sound effect. I hope you slept soundly for at least 48 hours straight after finishing this!

Thanks! I can confirm that sleep was rare during these two weeks. Unfortunately I had to go straight back to work after the jam, so I had a couple of rough days where I was extremely tired. But so far... worth it :) 

Thanks, Ben X and fabian! I followed your instructions and everything worked well. The issue that happened earlier was:

Spoiler

After I analyzed the sample, I couldn't move while speaking on the radio. Eventually, the radio conversation ended, but I still wasn't able to move. Strangely, I managed to interact with the antenna outside even while my view was locked on the radio. I was still holding the piece of paper with the sample analysis on it, too. I think the next scene then tried to load, but the game froze instead. I didn't try quitting and loading (didn't realize there was a save/load system).

In any case, I reached the ending this time! Very well done---an incredibly impressive game. The story, acting, environmental art, models, lighting, and music are all top notch and combined seamlessly. I enjoyed this a lot!

This was so good! Everyone will have already made comments on how good it looks, so instead I'll talk about the audio, which is great! Everything, from the music to the voice acting and the good FX on the radio chatter helped to build up atmosphere in a way that made the setting seem convincing. When I switched on the bedside radio and heard the sound of the radio show filling the room as the player character commented on it, it felt like I ws in a real, lived in place.

Anyway, well done on this. Huge accomplishment.