Sign in to follow this  
Dinosaursssssss

WJ5 Team Recruiting

This thread is for recruiting team members! If you have a game idea and need help from a reader with a particular set of skills, post in this thread, preferably in the following format to make it easy for people to skim the thread and find you. You should also look for collaborators in the team seeking thread and come join the #wizardjam channel on the Idle Thumbs Slack channel and see if anyone can help out. Or just drop in and chit-chat with us while you're working on your game! And if you have enough members, please edit your post and note that.

This is the recruiting/LFM thread; if you want to post what you're able to contribute and have someone else find you, use the team seeking/LFG thread.

Format:

Pitch: Game Pitch (Try and keep this to one or two sentences!)

What I need: What you need (Artist, programmer, writer, etc)

What I'm doing: What you're contributing

Contact Info: Your contact info (PM, email, whatever)

And optionally:
Time Zone: It's probably easier to work with people who aren't 12 hours off from you? But maybe it's fine.
Portfolio: A link to your portfolio / website / whatever if you have one, so people can check your style.

Then whatever else you want.

Example:

Pitch: I wanna make 'You, Fisher', a 3D stealth fishing game about casting lines without being spotted by security, and catching as many fish as possible before sunrise. I want to learn UE4 and C++

What I Need:

3D artist who can animate some fish (and help with design!)

Audio person to make some sneaky music and fish noises. Smoky jazz?

What I'm doing:

Programming in UE4, Sam Fisher impressions

Contact info:

PM me on the forums or message me on the Idle Thumbs Slack channel

Time Zone: 
EST (UTC -5) but I'm usually up late

Portfolio:

Here's my website with some gifs of other games I've made! www.chrismaire.com

I've been a fan of Splinter Cell since first seeing screenshots of their dynamic shadows in ~2005 and I have a Sam Fisher bust above my fireplace. I'd like the game to have a light stealth system, fully rigged realistic humanoid characters, and a dynamic music system that's entirely early-2000s style drum and bass but made exclusively out of samples of water splashing and seagull noises.

Template:

Pitch:

What I need:

What I'm doing: 

Contact Info: 
Time Zone:
Portfolio:

Pitch: I'm making "I'll Kill The Last Alien", a text adventure in Twine set on an almost-dead spaceship beset by weird Lovecraftian space vampires...I'm trying to brush up on my fiction writing skills that have been atrophying in the past couple years as well as seeing how much fun CSS and JavaScript stuff I can put into a Twine game.

What I need: Art for backgrounds and/or characters. Although a lot can be done with text, bringing this ship to life with some visual elements could be really cool.

What I'm doing: Writing and programming the game in Twine, with a very outside chance of producing some background music for the game.

Contact Info: PM me here on the forums or message me on the IT Slack, where I'm @Seanmay
Time Zone: Eastern
Portfolio: Not much in terms of game dev, but you can check out my website to see I'm a pretty decent UI designer, I just can't draw worth anything.

I've written a novel and some short stories that have been published in some magazines or collections, you can find them here on Amazon but if you want to read them, no need to buy them, just ask me and I'll send you a copy.

Pitch: We are a team of two programmers who need some help! The game we are making can be sumed up as: You have been tasked by Gilgamesh to defend one Babylonian city from invading forces. The game will be a 2D tower defense-ish game, where you as a player can build things as well as attack things yourself.

What I need: 2D sprites for our players, enemies and environment. We have no preference for how large the sprites are, or how good they are. Anything is better than what we can make ourselves. We also need sound effects and music.

What I'm doing: Game design, programming, Unity stuff.

Contact Info: PM here on the forum, or message me on slack (I am njoos there)
Time Zone: We are in Europe. GMT and GMT +1. 
Portfolio: We made one game together for wizardjam4.

The DevLog with more info can be found here: 

Hello there, I am going to break from the format because my request is so simple. I need YOU to record yourself yelling and growling short barks, possibly in bad French accents and send them to me via your method of choice. Post them in my devlog, send me a PM, use Slack, whatever. 

For all the details, check the devlog here:  

Pitch: I'm making "BIG GAME HUCKSTER$$$$". It's an economic sim a la Lemonade Stand or Game Dev Story about running a slightly seedy game studio called--Big Game Hucksters. It is my first game; I've settled on making it in Twine. 

What I need: One or two longish music tracks. Ideally they'd fit a lost Maxis game from the 90s or the vibe of Randy Newman in a parlor entertaining rich folks. 

What I'm doing: Writing and scripting it in Twine. I'm very open for ideas and assistance though. I should be getting help from another member of the forums with the art already. 

Contact info: I don't check the forums as much as Slack, but you can reach me on either. 

Time zonePST

Portfolio: I don't have any game design experience, but I can send you my old published game journalism. :wacko:

You can learn more on the Dev Log here: 

My artist has actually fallen through. So I could use help with illustration art also. Pitch is above. I have an asset list of art I need an some reference images built out for direction. Hit me up on the at thermaldetonator or message me on the boards if you're interested. 

On 6/10/2017 at 11:18 PM, Thermaldetonator said:

My artist has actually fallen through. So I could use help with illustration art also. Pitch is above. I have an asset list of art I need an some reference images built out for direction. Hit me up on the at thermaldetonator or message me on the boards if you're interested. 

Scratch that, I think I've got someone new helping!

I'm going to try something a little unusual here. I'd like to collaborate on a jam game with people who haven't found a team yet, in the remaining week-ish.

Pitch: Don't know yet, something very simple (probably 2D but depends on the team)

What I need: programmer, artist, music/sound

What I'm doing: design/writing/organisation

Contact Info: PM me here, DM me on twitter @timegentleman
Time Zone: UTC +1 (i.e. BST)
Portfolio: My dusty old portfolio is in my sig, plus I've made an entry for each Jam so far, often cramming it into the last few days!

I'm hoping to gather a team quickly, come up with an episode title and general idea together, then have fun making a small game in the time remaining. If I don't get a ton of response today, I'll probably PM people in the Team Seeking thread. If there's not enough response I'll sit this jam out and enjoy playing all the amazing stuff being made!