Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Idle Weekend May 18, 2017: Eat, Prey, Love

Idle Weekend May 18, 2017:

Idle Weekend May 18, 2017

Eat, Prey, Love
This episode is either really early, or really late, and either way, you can place the blame entirely on Prey for being so goddamned awesome. We talk Prey, space lesbians, immersive sims in general, and, a little more about problematic media! Content warning for mentions of partner abuse in The Witcher 3, and a reference to sexual assault in Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Discussed: Prey, The Witcher 3, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, American Gods, Side Effects

Great episode! Loved the Witcher 3 and Wildlands analysis.

To add to the Bloody Baron Witcher 3 stuff.

It is so compelling as a story because his penance can be viewed as genuine, or as an act to allow him to get his hands on his victim again. Most abusers outwardly seem like 'bloody nice blokes' until they are alone with the target of their abuse. The flash backs in this game where the Baron is very nice to Ciri corroborates this along with the stats that just 2% of abusers reform themselves.

It really sucked for me because I treated the Baron like the piece of shit I saw him as, but didn't speak to his daughter at all (not sure if that was a bug or design) then at the end of the quest he takes his wife under his charge and I was left going 'that is the worst outcome possible'.