Jake

Something True 8: Babylon

Something True 8:

Something True 8

Babylon
In the season finale of Something True, we crack the seal on Jack Parsons—a legendary rocket scientist, drummed out of the profession for his overbearing interest in the occult magick of Aleister Crowley. Parsons devoted his early retirement to a full-throated study of the arcane arts. His ambitions were nothing less than to coax an ancient, beautiful goddess from her primal dimension into the spare bedroom of his Pasadena bungalow. Everything proceeded to plan, until Parsons made a famous friend who would not only change his life, but the world... and all the worlds beyond.

Read a full transcript of this episode on the Something True website.

Follow Something true on Twitter @atruepodcast. (Or just follow Duncan and Alex.)

Music on this week’s episode:
Anamorphic Orchestra – Stop the Clocks
Pictures of the Floating World – Ash Gray*
David Szesztay – Cheese
Cory Gray – Medieval Tension 60s*
Pictures of the Floating World – Cold*
Paniks – Clavire
Pictures of the Floating World – A Thousand Stars*

*modified for the podcast.

This episode, like all seven before it, was fucking incredible. This was a great end to the season, and I hope we get a second one sooner than later. 

Just dropping by to say that the entire season was fantastic, the tone and length in particular really worked for me (also, the artwork is lovely!). Hope you guys manage to do a second season!

Havent listened to the episode yet, but wanted to say it seems this show has caught a bit of an audience. It's sitting at #18 trending on the Pocket Casts app, which is pretty good. For the record, This American Life is 15 and Hardcore History is 20

Something True was just excellent. Thank you guys. Bring on the second season. :)

Just another dropping by to say thank you for an incredibly enjoyable show.  Hope there's another series in the future! 

This (fantastic) episode got me interested in Jack Parsons, and I ended up reading Strange Angel by George Pendle. It was a fascinating read. While Googling something about the book, I found out that there is a CBS drama of the book in the works. Just thought people might be interested.

Also, I think the language bots discussed in Important if True may have been reading Aleister Crowley:

[...]

Roaming as Bacchus, with fauns and pards
And nymphs and styrs for thy guards,
On a milk-white ass, come over the sea
To me, to me,

[...]