coughlinjon

[Dev Log] The Eyes of Virtual Boy

I'm hoping to do Wizard Jam again. I'll be mashing titles together so I can make another "Eyes of" game. Here are some of the titles that are on my mind:

• The Eyes of Virtual Boy
  • The Eyes of Great Play Dad

I've got some fun ideas for Virtual Boy - including making it a Google Cardboard (optional) game. I'm really jazzed about VR right now, and I feel like my narrative-heavy, mechanically-light style might fit VR well, lol.

This jam cannot last more than 2 weeks for me, so I'm restricting myself to a single room. I'm also going to leverage the asset store for the first time - I've always tried to code things from scratch with the intent of learning Unity, but I'm finally pretty good at Unity and I'd like to spend my time designing a tight experience.

I love working on a team, so if you're not feeling up to make a full game alone, or you just want to pitch in, shoot me a message or leave a reply :)

I ALWAYS need help on art. I'm hoping to do low-poly 3D art again (here's my last game: https://coughlinjon.itch.io/the-eyes-of-cheatin-hitman).

WIIIIIIIZZZZAAARRRDDDDDDDD JAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM!!!

4 hours ago, z_bill said:

Eyes of 45 Brains

Eyes or Our Weird Monstrosity

those are, admittedly, good options.

Alright, this is officially a dev log :)

We're making The Eyes of Virtual Boy. It will be a 3D game rendered in the VB palette. You will play as the judge of a match of Mario Tennis. I'm hoping to make it Google Cardboard VR optional, as well. The gameplay will be simple, gaze and click, and there will be Nintendo characters. I am breaking my Luigi voice back out :)

I can't listen to Hotline Bling without hearing Luigi thanks to you. Please improve more songs in this way.

Very nice aesthetic!

Oh...

And what's this?

Looks like an eager TENNIS FAN showing up to the game!

toad_tennis.jpg