8 hours ago, zerofiftyone said:

In keeping with tradition, I made a trailer! 

Niiice! Amazing work as usual!

On 5/28/2017 at 4:16 PM, zerofiftyone said:

Amazing as always!

This will be my first jam. The most first of jams. I put up some of my participatory info up on the LFG thread.

Hi all, first time Wizard Jammer here! I loved watching the stream of the last jam's games being played, and am excited to participate in this one!

A little confused on the timing for this though, seeing two different dates?:

1. Friday 2nd June - Sunday 22nd June
  2. Tomorrow (6/1/2017) at 7:00 PM to June 18th 2017 at 6:59 PM (Assuming this is correct?)

Will probably be streaming at least some of my development on this, feel free to stop by: https://www.twitch.tv/reallyangrygiant

Let's make some awesome stuff guys!

On 28/05/2017 at 10:16 PM, zerofiftyone said:

:clap: So good!

1 hour ago, AngryGiant said:

Hi all, first time Wizard Jammer here! I loved watching the stream of the last jam's games being played, and am excited to participate in this one!

A little confused on the timing for this though, seeing two different dates?:

1. Friday 2nd June - Sunday 22nd June
  2. Tomorrow (6/1/2017) at 7:00 PM to June 18th 2017 at 6:59 PM (Assuming this is correct?)

Will probably be streaming at least some of my development on this, feel free to stop by: https://www.twitch.tv/reallyangrygiant

Let's make some awesome stuff guys!

Both sources I just checked (the forum description and the first page of this topic) said 2nd-18th. Of course, there's nothing stopping you from getting started a day early, and as long as you get a submission in in time nothing stopping you from continuing work on the project afterwards,

5 minutes ago, Problem Machine said:

Both sources I just checked (the forum description and the first page of this topic) said 2nd-18th. Of course, there's nothing stopping you from getting started a day early, and as long as you get a submission in in time nothing stopping you from continuing work on the project afterwards,

Thanks for the clarification! For reference the date section on itch.io page is where the 22nd comes from: https://itch.io/jam/wizard-jam-5

Oh no! THis is fantastic but I just started a new job. Maybe I can find a team, but also, I've never done any gamedev. Or, not this kind. I've worked on a server backend for a networked mobile game, but that's not very transferrable to user-facing game work.

Hey folks!

I've been a long time listener, but this is my first time interacting with the community and I'm excited to get jamming!

I am not actively looking for a team, but I would like to make myself available for any programming support or feedback any folks need. I am experienced in UE4, but this jam I'll be cutting my teeth on Unity.

Feel free to hit me up on Discord (mastersmith98#8686) or on these forums. I commonly hang out in the Game Dev League and the Unreal Slackers Discord chats, and I just got into the Thumbs channel.

Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing what everyone produces!

My brother and I are gonna make Always Support the Danger Layer!

It's just gone midnight here in GMT land, so it's officially time to jam! Looking forward to seeing all of the new devlog threads as people get started.

Here is the list of diversifiers! As I said on the first post, the diversifiers are an optional challenge for the jam. They're creative prompts, designed to help you design a game around a specific limitation (or set of limitations). You can choose as many (or as few) as you like and incorporate them into your game.

"2D's company, 3D's a crowd" - Make a 3D game using only 2D graphics. 

Limited Vocabulary - Limit your player's verbs (run, jump, punch) to just one! Make a game that explores that verb to its fullest. 

"You Just Played Yourself 🔑" - Make a game where you play against yourself, or a game where your past movements or actions are important in some way. 

Hoisted - The game conspires to destroy the player in some way; or the game allows the player to be the cause of their own undoing. 

Texture Thrift - Use the same art/prop asset as many times as possible in your game, whilst obscuring the fact you are doing this. 

Frug Froctions - Include another, entirely separate game inside your game.

Also, now is probably a good time to mention: for Wizard Jam 5, we're trying something new! After the jam finishes, we'll be hosting a Showcase Weekend; an opportunity for everybody to step back from the game making process and look at what everyone else has made; with an emphasis on giving feedback and comments to fellow creators. It's covered in the schedule below, and there'll be more details to follow.

eventschedule.thumb.png.2a581755474b2464c749d291eb2ffe58.png

Great trailer! Amazing production values. :)

UHHH, QUESTION: I'm thinking about making a VR version of my WizJam game from last year "In Search Of Paradise". Would that be an acceptable entry in this Jam, or would it be regarded as kind of a dick move to just update an old game and try to sneak it in again?

@Henke As long as you up the texture resolution enough to match the graphical advancements of the games industry over the past year that it's fine by me. :P 

3 hours ago, Henke said:

Great trailer! Amazing production values. :)

3 hours ago, Henke said:

UHHH, QUESTION: I'm thinking about making a VR version of my WizJam game from last year "In Search Of Paradise". Would that be an acceptable entry in this Jam, or would it be regarded as kind of a dick move to just update an old game and try to sneak it in again?

As long as you make it so that the A of the logo flips upside down dramatically in the title screen to reveal "In Search of PRadise". :P

Nah, it's cool. Go for it. 

27 minutes ago, zerofiftyone said:

As long as you make it so that the A of the logo flips upside down dramatically in the title screen to reveal "In Search of PRadise". :P

You must do this.

I tried and failed miserably at Wizard Jam 2 or 3, but I'm back, baby! I'm looking forward to actually finishing this year.

Hi. As Gil Scott-Heron once said - I'm New Here.

Started listening to Idle Thumbs a few years ago, big fan of Important If True. But, new to the forum.

Hoping to create something in the next 2 weeks. I'm a web designer (and a bit of a coder) by trade, but started experimenting with Unity in January after a friend told me it was free.

Probably going to cheat a bit, and use a few tutorials to cobble something together, but for me the fun part will be creating assets.

Looking forward to getting some crit, and seeing what everyone else is up to!

1 hour ago, fraig said:

Hi. As Gil Scott-Heron once said - I'm New Here.

Started listening to Idle Thumbs a few years ago, big fan of Important If True. But, new to the forum.

Hoping to create something in the next 2 weeks. I'm a web designer (and a bit of a coder) by trade, but started experimenting with Unity in January after a friend told me it was free.

Probably going to cheat a bit, and use a few tutorials to cobble something together, but for me the fun part will be creating assets.

Looking forward to getting some crit, and seeing what everyone else is up to!

Welcome Fraig!

I just wanna say I'm completely bowled over by all the amazing projects going on and I can't wait to start playing.

16 minutes ago, Patrick R said:

I just wanna say I'm completely bowled over by all the amazing projects going on and I can't wait to start playing.

Me too! I just read a bunch of threads and am excited for all of them!

oh boy oh boy, I started listening to thumbs around the end of the last jam and have wanted to take part since

This is going to be my first Wizard Jam - first up I guess I have to choose a game name!