Badfinger

SID MEIER'S AMERICAN MCGEE'S PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

jeeez good shit dude. I'm responsible for one of those losses :x

The firing range is finally coming to the live servers today! I'm looking forward to racing people on the vehicle track than practising shooting?? But it's a good addition to the game and at this stage I'm personally just looking forward more to the snow map than anything else.

We've had tons of wins together :) Can't win them all.

Somewhat related, has anyone been watching the various Call of Duty: Blackout (their Battle Royale) footage that has been popping up? The beta for that mode started recently, and reactions seem mostly very positive.

I was initially extremely skeptical about the mode, and am still far from sold, but the reactions I've been seeing have piqued my interest a bit. I've not yet been able to find a good example of whether the game is hitscan or bullet modeling however - I really hope it is the latter. 

Does anyone know if it is hitscan or not, or if there are any free opportunities to try it (assuming you're not pre-ordering)?

Good news for you: the bullets are modeled, not hitscan :D also open beta starts tomorrow! If you preordered the game, it started today. There were also a few streams you could have watched (the promotional period is over now though) to gain access if you had your twitch and bnet accounts synced up. 

I've played two rounds so far and boy, the guns have basically no recoil. TTK is really low if you have no armour, but having armour changes things up a lot. I thiiink the devs said that armour balancing is one of the main things they are looking into.

Nice, that is great. This is the first weekend in ages I have no major commitments too. Awesome. 

I'm off to figure out how to get set for the open beta! I'll PM you my Battlenet ID and see you on there :)

The next update is adding another whole bunch of stuff. There's changes to matchmaking, the addition of ranking tiers, and some UI changes to select meds/grenades, in addition to the usual bug fixes.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1688177728620125512

Tentatively optimistic that the matchmaking changes will allow OCE server to repopulate.

I can't wait to hear more about the rankings system. My inner tryhard is excited :P

Edit:

Uh, what?

If you group with a player from another region, matchmaking will automatically decide the best region to play on

I can play at 20-30ms ping again :tup: :tup: :tup:

The lack of manual server selector apparently means the leaderboard will now be global, which a bit iffy. I guess I'm used to Blizzard games having separate leaderboards for different regions. Not sure how other games like CSGO or Rainbow 6 handle that stuff.