Korax

The Signal From Tölva - (Walk a few miles in) Robot Shoes

Big Robot, the dev team behind Sir, You Are Being Hunted, just launched their new game, The Signal From Tölva! Available on Steam, itch.io, GOG, and Humble!

The major touchstone for this one seems to be the STALKER series. You explore a distant planet by jacking into surveyor bots that are stationed there. There are a couple of other factions that have outposts, and a whole bunch of systemic interactions as they have their own routines and goals that you can stumble across.

I really like the sound design. The gunfire is incredibly satisfying, and all the little beeps, whirs, and clicks are great:

I'm tempted to pick this up. I loved the atmosphere of Sir, You Are being Hunted but it didn't keep me coming back; this game seems to have more to it and I'm a big Stalker fan.

I am super interested in this game, but was very let down by Sir. Are there any non-RPS reviews of this game? Not that I don't trust RPS because of the close ties between the Dev and the site, but they already love the game and would like some outside opinions.

Yeah, Sir, You Are Being Hunted had a great atmosphere but the game was the least interesting part of Thief (moving very slowly while crouched and hoping nobody sees you) plus a bunch of stuff I don't like (wandering around aimlessly, eating food, collecting a bunch of geegaws).