Marek

Snowball of releases coming our way

The holidays are coming, which means we'll once again be getting gang-raped with new releases. To illustrate that point, here are just some of the games that are expected to come out in the next two months: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, The Bard's Tale, Jak 3, Blinx 2, Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth, The Settlers: Heritage of Kings, Viewtiful Joe 2, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Half-Life 2, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, The Chronicles of Riddick PC version, Unity, Halo 2, Killzone...

This really makes you wonder...

I see way to much colons ( those things --> : ) in those titles...

but yes it's the yearly deluge of games, on which we have to live for the rest of the year

So many games, but in reality only two or three of them are interesting.

Did you have to remind me, Marek. I could have pretended that only 2-3 games are coming out that I'm interested in.

Not to mention the games that have been recently released (Fable, Kult, Evil Genius, Magna Cum Laude, which I hear is crap though, the english version of Westerner).

So many games, but in reality only two or three of them are interesting.
Except in reality most of them are interesting. :ratched:

The annual Christmas rush is pissing off the designers as well (Hell, I wouldn't want my game to be snowed in either!). But seen the long development cycles, I'd say it'll take another three years or so before this abberation will start to get addressed. It won't ever really go, because in the fast-buck-minds of the publisher it's still a fact that statistically, more games are sold in the Good Season. Even though they don't seem to get that that doesn't necessarily equal 'good sales', if there are about a thousand other titles coming out then :shifty:

To illustrate that point, here are just some of the games that are expected to come out in the next two months: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, The Bard's Tale...

All you'll need is Bard's Tale, ignore the rest... :)

Maybe I exaggerate slightly, but it will be very good and it will be a crying shame for it to get lost amongst all the identikit pap released this time of year.

As I said that was just some of the titles, not a definitive list :mrt:

You're right, Fahrenheit and Pirates! are both also really interesting. I don't know much about the other titles mentioned.

The one-two-three punch of GTA, Halo 2, and Half-Life 2 is going to utterly destroy me.

(Looks at wallet)

Meh... none of these games really interest me....

;(

(I may weep openly)

With my sister's wedding, and consquently more family members that I need to buy presents for, I can't afford a :cens0r: thing....

And they won't give me games for Xmas....

It's DVDmas now anyway.... :shifty:

Fortunately, or unfortunately, Blizzard says I can't/shouldn't buy the US WoW CE, so that's a... Well, it's sucks big time, but maybe I can afford HL2 Gold now....

But apperently my parents (a.k.a. my bosses) have forgotten I get payed less than a burger flipper (even though they pay my "salary") and have asked for expensive gifts.... (I'll get socks! YAY!) :bomb:

I wonder if any of those games will be here for Xmas in Europe? We usually get them later.... I really want Pirates! ;(

(Psst, Jokemaster, could you lend me a bazooka?)

Whoa! I just checked out some stuff about The Bard's Tale. It looks hilarious. I'm curious though, does anyone know if the gameplay is any good? It's obvious that they've got a great script, story, etc., but I couldn't really get a good feel for the gameplay. Did any of you get to play it at e3? What's it like? BG? Diablo? I'll be in America next week and the week following so I might consider picking it up.

Also, I was looking around on EBGames and I noticed this. You can get an art book if you pre-order Warrior Within. I wonder how long it is. Speaking of art books, I believe that the Oddworld art book just came out or it is coming out shortly. It's rather expensive though, so I probably won't be getting it.

I'll probably just get Half-Life first and then pick through the rest of that list after Christmas...wait a little while to get Metroid 2, Paper Mario, maybe Metal Gear but I might be too weak to resist.

And I really want to play unity even though I know nothing about it.

How is the new Bard's Tale taking on it's heritage? What does it have in common with the original? Is it a remake or is it a new story?