I've been playing a lot in the last few days. It seems like there's just not a lot to do at the high end of the power curve unless you have a dedicated group for strikes (or PvP, though doing that solo hasn't been the worst thing ever.) My battlenet ID thing is Kyir#1788 if anyone needs and extra person for shooting pixels.

Yeah, the story bits seem very easy, but I definitely was over leveled so I may have ruined it for myself. I have 2 or 3 more story missions, but I hit 20 ages ago because I had a good time with public events and side stuff. 

I don't know why but the game feels inherently less social than PUBG, and I can't tell why I feel that maybe. Maybe because I got so used to the 20 minutes rounds and being able to switch between different crews with no problem. I feel very limited by the 3 man teams for strikes! 

I just hit 20 today so I have no experience with raids etc, but thus far I'd say (for me) it feels less social because you don't really need to cooperate or communicate very often.

There's the occasional DPS-check where you need to focus fire some tanky thing on a timer, but aside from that the game is just too forgiving (so far) to demand the kind of teamwork that is rewarded in PUBG.

I still haven't done the raid at all. Is it particularly challenging? I remember hearing that there were hard-modes of all these things.

Sorta depends on how much you know going in. It's challenging in that it requires more coordination than any other PvE stuff in the game, and is more about execution than how good you can shoot. Once you know what to do, it's not particularly difficult.

D1 had hard-mode raids, and D2 is doing a similar thing with "prestige"-level stuff. Same encounters, but with tweaks that make them more difficult. Probably also stricter limits on dying and reviving.

I don't know if time spent is a good measurement of how challenging a thing is, but here are some numbers I know: I once spent four hours on one encounter in the Leviathan raid; yesterday we finished the whole thing in less than that. And the first group to finish the prestige raid did it even less time than that.

I've quite enjoyed the game. Leveled two characters to 290+. It has some problems, but as long as the shooting actually feels fun, it's just the sort of time sink to play while listening to something else that I was looking for. I already had Civ 5 for that, but sometimes I do want something a little more hands-on.

I wanted to stay up to date with the coming expansion, unfortunately though, the season pass is way too expensive. I'll have to wait and see if I find it on sale someday.

So.. necroing further, but it looks like Crota Today is pretty much dead: if one were to join the Waypoint Clan, which clan would one look for? Searching for "Waypoint" on Bungie.net turns up somethng that does not look very Waypoint-y...

(I  got up to 300 over Easter - I had fun unlocking two sets of paired weapons, Sturm and Drang and the MIDA multi-tool and mini-tool: like Destiny, I'm enjoying just wandering about in Destiny 2, seeing the sights and picking up bits of story - haven't really done much in the way of strikes or Crucible...)

Waypoint clan thread. Most recent post was almost a month ago.

There were at least five Waypoint clans back in October. I'm not sure about the state of any of them these days, but I know FATT and PALS aren't generating many clan engrams. Which one you want to join will depend somewhat on what platform you're playing on and more on which have capacity. It would probably be possible to do sort of a Sad Voltron and make one active clan out of the five mostly dead ones, but I don't know if anyone's thinking in that direction.

FWIW, the Waypoint Discord Destiny channel just recently got rolled into the general shooter channel. If you're in that Discord, there are still ways to scrape together a group, but interest will likely pick up more when the next expansion is released.