Just finished the beta and man - that dialogue almost ruined it for me. But the gamefeel is damn good and the visual aesthetics are incredible. 

After playing the beta, I'm still on the fence. PC or PS4?

Booting this up on PC after playing quite a lot of D1 on the PS4 felt amazing. Buttery-smooth framerates, gorgeous graphics, a mouse and best of all, no bullshit monthly fee. Never looking back.

I couldn't find the original Idle Thumbs clan via Bungie.net; don't know if the clan's gone or if Bungie's systems are being funky.

So I took the liberty of creating a new Idle Thumbs Destiny clan, which now includes Battle.net, and has a tasteful puffin-esque banner even!

Screenshot 2017-09-04 10.02.21.png

I asked to join. Currently looking at a 57.8% chance of purchasing this game. 

15 hours ago, Professor Video Games said:

Here is the original clan for what it's worth:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=147032

I used to be an admin on it but it looks like that all got reset. If we want to move on to a new one that's fine with me...only real loss is the name.

Ah that's too bad. Looks like the original clan might still be active maybe, but obviously console focused.

So I've updated the description of the new clan I made to be PC-centric; the platform split may help better with creating fire teams anyway.

Sooo, how are people liking it? I have only done a little bit of end-game stuff, but I'm very, very happy so far. The story missions don't suck like before, and the world missions are well written, and way more varied. Public events are more fun, the heroic modifier is a great way to go about it, etc. I've only played a few strikes, and no pvp (I suck so bad at it), but I'm a happy dude right now. We'll see how this goes over the next month, however.

It's time. Blind raid, this weekend, be there at 265 light, or be square!

Also the options for it are Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning for me as I have unfortunate plans. I can make anytime after 2 PM mountain time Saturday and anytime before 3 PM Mountain time Sunday so let's figure out what works best and quickly so we can find people to fill in any gaps we have with Waypoint people!

Very happy with Destiny 2 so far, it's a solid iteration on the previous game. If they add small content every few weeks and large content every 3 months, this will be a good ride.

A few tips:

1) Do Lost Sectors/Public Events/Adventures/Strikes and get your Power (Light) level to 260-265 before collecting weekly Powerful Engrams from Milestones since the powerful engrams have a much higher power cap.

2) Use the Eververse Vanguard 4 hour drop buff coins before you start a long farming session; dismantle Bright Engram drops into Bright dust to buy more Vanguard 4 hour drop buff coins. Repeat.

3) Glimmer sinks: You'll max out at 100,000 Glimmer. Spend them on A) Cayde-6's treasure maps/Scout Maps and B ) The Gunsmith's blue engram mods. You will be able to trade in blue engram mods for Purple engram mods at Power/Light level 280.

4) Some Sparrows have mods that are very useful; especially the ones that let you mount instantly (Fast Transmat) or ones that reload your weapons for you. Check them.

3 hours ago, Vulpes Absurda said:

Also the options for it are Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning for me as I have unfortunate plans. I can make anytime after 2 PM mountain time Saturday and anytime before 3 PM Mountain time Sunday so let's figure out what works best and quickly so we can find people to fill in any gaps we have with Waypoint people!

I'm in. My hunter is right at 265. Either day would work for me, though the sooner we settle on something the better.

i have tried to join this destiny clan because i love the dodecahedrons and i need the dodecahedrons, though i guess i am woefully underleveled?  less than a week out?  i don't know.

i don't have a microphone but if you are into communicating via emotes (particularly the sitting down emote) i'm also bad at that but am willing to try!

18 hours ago, Vulpes Absurda said:

I'm going to be out of commission through the next few weekends :( Blind raids are super fun...ya'll enjoy!

8 hours ago, kickstandcarp said:

i have tried to join this destiny clan because i love the dodecahedrons and i need the dodecahedrons, though i guess i am woefully underleveled?  less than a week out?  i don't know.

i don't have a microphone but if you are into communicating via emotes (particularly the sitting down emote) i'm also bad at that but am willing to try!

Don't worry about how quickly you get to the endgame content. People that are pushing through quickly will almost definitely still be playing by the time you get there. A mic isn't required generally, but it's super helpful in the raid so if you want to run that you might consider picking one up.

Since not everyone here is in the same clan, it's a good point to remind everyone that we have a forum ID exchange doc here. The Destiny tab is old so maybe best to ignore that, but I think it's safe to add anyone that's been posting in this thread.

Heads up I've opened the Raid up to waypoint folks so if you want in you need to be quick and let me know soon! I've set the start time for 2PM Mountain time Saturday.

Xur is on Nessus selling exotics for 23-27 legendary shards apiece. Look for the IX flag on the map. They're all at 270 Power (Light) level, so a nice jump up if you've gotten stuck.

So... How do I join the Idle Thumbs Clan? When I go to the link posted above on the Bungie site it doesn't give me any options? I'm playing on PS4 and my ID is Gopez_UK

So... if I want to try raiding with fellow Thumbs, I have to go to a different community that I have no investment in and join their THIRD FOURTH overflow clan that might not actually have any of the people I'm trying to play with in it?

Great.

Clans can help with organizing activities, but their only real in-game value is getting you loot when other people complete certain activities. If you want to raid with Thumbs, you can post here or in the Destiny channel on Slack. No particular clan affiliation required.

1 hour ago, Korax said:

So... if I want to try raiding with fellow Thumbs, I have to go to a different community that I have no investment in and join their THIRD FOURTH overflow clan that might not actually have any of the people I'm trying to play with in it?

Great.

You could talk to us in slack instead of being dramatic about the act of attempting to interact with people instead, I guess?

Yeah, the fact that clans gives you loot means that it's better to be in a larger, more active clan like waypoint's instead of a smaller one. It sucks because that means that clans are pretty useless for actually finding people to play with. Luckily there's slack for finding people who're on and wanna play.

What a weirdly hostile bunch of interactions.

Anyway, game's out, game's fun. Holy hell is the pvp hard though. Bottom of the score screen every time :(

So did anyone actually switch to PC/wait for the release? I've just been sort of wandering around and have no current direction to my in-game life after all the obvious things were done.

I waited for PC, despite having a PS4. Mouse + KB alone is a huge factor for me. 

I just got to Nessus, and so far it's pretty fun. I wish most enemies were more complicated and a less bullet-spongey (i.e. shooting off weakpoints to damage & disable instead of just pumping mag after mag into their face), but otherwise the shooting feels great. I personally find it a too easy, but I'm doing lots of side content so I am over-leveled which doesn't help with that. 

I am enjoying it as a "turn your brain off and have fun" game. 

I waited for PC. Just hit 20 on my first character, about to assault the Cabal in the City. It's been tremendous fun so far.