With the announcement coming up I thought it was time to finally start the new thread! Also I wanted to beat everyone else to this joke.

(Credit to Vasari for first making the Crota Today joke(credit to aprettycooldude for the Crota 2Day joke))

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/03/23/leaked-image-gives-a-first-look-destiny-2-out-this-september

Turns out it's not today! But it's going to be announced "Soon".

A very rumoury rumour I read was that these posters that went out to retail stores are supposed to go up next week, so we might not be waiting long. I doubt they'd send out posters very far in advance of an announcement in any case.

These days I don't know why you would put out posters like that unless you wanted to soft announce it. You have to know it's going to get leaked but I'd be willing to bet they also know that if they make it seem unintentional that people are more likely to share it like it's some big scoop as opposed to announcing a countdown to a countdown of a countdown.

If you want to get really technical about it, I'd wager that A: These posters were sent out by Sony and not Activision, and B: Since they're shipping internationally it's alot harder to time the arrival, so you err on the side of making sure they all arrive in advance.

I don't buy into the idea that these game announcement leaks are all intentional. I bet these days most publishers would give an arm just to have their trailer be the first people hear of their game instead of a blurry smartphone photo.

Yeah I imagine not all of them are intentional but then why send out posters at all? If it doesn't come out in til September do you really need posters out 5 month ahead of time?  The EU market is pretty big so maybe they do just really want to make sure they hit those stores at the same time so as not to give the impression they're prioritizing the US market over the EU.

Destiny 2: Now with a PC version?

I was always disappointed Destiny never made it off console (I don't have one, and it's not worth buying one just for one game!) but a PC version of the sequel would be perfect.

I'll be sticking to the PS4 for Destiny 2 I think. It just plays so well on a controller and as soon as you allow for keyboard and mouse using anything else will just get you yelled at in Raid groups and PVP. Don't get me wrong I'm glad there will likely be a PC version for those that want it it's just not for me.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that PC players are put in a different instance to console players. So no playing together.

2 hours ago, Beasteh said:

Destiny 2: Now with a PC version?

I was always disappointed Destiny never made it off console (I don't have one, and it's not worth buying one just for one game!) but a PC version of the sequel would be perfect.

I bought a PS4 to play Destiny and up until like a month ago really regretted that decision.

I really hope it comes to PC. I'd happily accept the game being controller only, even (that won't happen but it'd be fine). It's the gaming life choices and not the control scheme, for me.

I saw a tweet re: prequel, and I think that was dunking on the gigantic 2 in the logo.

I have assumed since Destiny 2 was possibly a thing that it would be called Destiny 2. I know people are up in arms because of the word they used but it's just Noun 2. Skyrim 2. Breakfast 2. Purgatory 2. It's the second thing, it's fine. If it's coming to PC you have my attention.

Here's a teaser.

It's a trailer for the trailer! The full thing is coming on thursday.

It'll be interesting to see if they go after overwatch. Broaden the classes/builds/skills and you can make a free-form overwatch a like. Or am I way off the mark. Healers In destiny? 

They need to do so a lot more with the skills this time round, really make classes different with skills that'll help the whole team, like a Reinhardt shield. Did destiny already have this? I can't even remember.

get a cool space ship for the loading screen 👍🏻

22 hours ago, Mington said:

It'll be interesting to see if they go after overwatch. Broaden the classes/builds/skills and you can make a free-form overwatch a like. Or am I way off the mark. Healers In destiny? 

They need to do so a lot more with the skills this time round, really make classes different with skills that'll help the whole team, like a Reinhardt shield. Did destiny already have this? I can't even remember.

get a cool space ship for the loading screen 👍🏻

Yeah they did. The Titan Defender's special thingie was an impenetrable shield that augmented the whole fireteam. It was Winston's shield turned up way past 11. Nightstalkers special could spec into a blind/snare/ally heal/replenish. The seed of that stuff's all in there.

I fervently hope they don't go after Overwatch. They're wildly different games, even the PvP part. Overwatch's characters are extremely static. A year out from being in that beta, they're almost caricature now. The sense I get is that most people feel like the core of Destiny is the best part of it. The shooting and classes are all super good. They need to fix the game by filling it out with stuff that lets you put all that good Destiny-ness to good use.

interesting that they have actual humans on the cover. How long has that been a trend? The last couple Battlefield has done it also.

Weird, imagine Horizon or Nier with a cosplay lady on the cover

Are they going for a super photorealistic look for the faces. i guess we'll find out in 1 hour and 32 mins

PC release confirmed, via preorder website.

@Mington Did you mean humans like with their faces showing on the cover? The original Destiny box art is dominated by people standing behind the logo.

haha wow that boxart is bad (destiny 2, not destiny 1, which is, like, okay)

I mean realistic looking human faces. Has that just been the goal the entire time and technology has finally caught up.

that D2 cover is the deluxe edition. Normal has three people but looks just as bland.

lets watch th trailer 👍🏻