Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

More Psychobabble

Gamespot had those screenshots last week, but the videos might be new. I'm pretty sure that the interview with Tim is new at least, though I haven't watched it yet.

I love that preview. Incidentally it's by the same guy whose GameSpy videos I previously gave the shifty eye, but there's no denying that this guy's writing is really good. At least, it reads a lot better than what GameSpot posted, which was really dry.

Edit: what jake said!

That interviewer girl looks cute. :innocent:
She writes a bit about DF here. And something called the Will Wright's Stupid Fun Club, which I think is his famous robot workshop. Which rules.

Worst video interview ever, though Tim Schafer was cool to see. *the 'journalist'* :fart: The written preview is good.

She writes a bit about DF here.

Yeah I used google and eventually ended up in that page.

The video doesn't work for me, that sucks. Oh well, at least I've seen the gamespot videos with him and know that he doesn't sound like Jack Black at all.

What does it do? It appears that Gamespy has put a cap on the bandwidth so you can only get around 10kb/sec. So, it could actually be working on downloading it even though it looks like a blank Quicktime screen. You're better off clicking the link at the bottom to save them to your computer. Again, I think Gamespy has capped the number of downloads you can have running at one time, because I was only able to get two going symulatiously. Darn you, Gamespy!

Wow. All these videos are the "tsunami" that Tim talked about on the double fine website.

I have been hearing about this game for so long - to finally see Schafer on the media campaign trail is exciting - like seeing a after years of letter correspondence.

Admittedly, the videos are the first time I've heard Tim speak and watched him animate.

There is clearly so much pent up "cool stuff!" to say about this game that he tries to get it all out in all the interviews and talks quite fast, and in fast chunks.

Its interesting to contrast with film directors, who don't talk nearly as fast, in my experience.

Maybe Tim realises that every second is an extra megabyte of mpeg.

Or is just he so damn excited that FINALLY, after years of blood sweat and tears that things are finally going his way, his game is finally coming out, and he will take his place, not as the finest game designers that America has ever produced...but one of the finest designers that America has ever produced, and that people know about!