Sign in to follow this  
JaguarWong

Against all odds; The Reservoir Dogs game sounds pretty great

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/10/reservoir-dogs-bloody-days/

Well, it’s all about flashbacks. Bloody Days follows the Dogs (yes, that’s what we’re calling them) through the jobs that lead up to the fateful diamond heist, and each mission is a rapidly escalating catastrophe, as alarms are triggered, police cars surround the building, and the bodies start to pile up.

On each mission, you have control of all three Dogs involved, but rather than moving them all at the same time by dragging a cursor around them, you use a twin-stick method (though I played with WASD and mouse aim). Say you’re initially in control of Mr Blonde, you could enter a room, take out two guards with their backs turned and then cover one of the doorways. And then you hit space.

That’s the key to the entire game. As soon as you press it, you move to the next character in line and time rewinds to the beginning of Mr Blonde’s ‘turn’. These turns aren’t discrete things. You might control Blonde for fifteen seconds before hitting space, in which case you’ll have control of the next character for that same passage of time. Blonde repeats his actions exactly as they were the first time around, and you use the second character to support him. And then, when you catch up to real time, the clock rewinds again and you figure out what the third character should be doing during that fifteen second period.

Colour me interested.

Ooooh, I do like that kind of time mechanic in some puzzle games that have used it, and I'm intrigued to see it used in something like this. 

"If I'd wanted all that computer game bullshit, I'd have gone home and stuck my dick in my Nintendo." -Quentin Tarantino

could this his be that dream realized?

@Jake One shudders to then think what Genesis would do that Nintendon't.