Sign in to follow this  
Brannigan

Logan

Has anyone else seen Logan yet?  While pretty god damn brutal, I enjoyed it.  Felt like a pretty good end to the run.

15 minutes ago, Brannigan said:

Has anyone else seen Logan yet?  While pretty god damn brutal, I enjoyed it.  Felt like a pretty good end to the run.

Planning on going tonight

It's the only X-Men movie I've liked to date.

The ending was a bit too cheesy compared to the rest of the movie, but it wasn't bad.

19 minutes ago, Twig said:

It's the only X-Men movie I've liked to date.

The ending was a bit too cheesy compared to the rest of the movie, but it wasn't bad.

Spoiler

I think it fit with the western-ish themes it was going for.  Also while there were obviously villains, I liked that it came off more about Logan facing his past.  Rather than trying to shoehorn a villain's story in there as well.

9 hours ago, Brannigan said:
  Hide contents

I think it fit with the western-ish themes it was going for.  Also while there were obviously villains, I liked that it came off more about Logan facing his past.  Rather than trying to shoehorn a villain's story in there as well.

Its easily my favorite comic book movie of the current crop. Nice to see a director realize small stakes can make a good movie, doesn't have to be a world ending plot every time.

If you haven't seen it yet, there is no post-credits scene so don't wait for one.

1 hour ago, Gormongous said:

I liked it a lot, but more like Children of (X-)Men, am I right?

Totally lol

I really enjoyed it too. A little overlong, but really effective at slowly building tension and conveying a sense of desperation.

Also, I didn't get this while watching so just in case anyone missed it (probably obvious to most of you!):

It's revealed by the end of the movie that Charles had a seizure and caused 7 fatalities plus a ton of injuries at a place called Westchester. What I failed to put together is that Westchester is where the School for Gifted Youngsters was. So this is likely the reason why none of the X-Men are about anymore - Charles accidentally killed them.

Okay, what are people's theories re. Logan's sickness? Mine is that 

Spoiler

the Westchester incident which presumably killed the other principal X-Men didn't kill Logan due to his mutation but caused some kind of terminal poisoning in him.

A great finale for Huge Action, I thought. The Shane stuff was nice, though a bit on-the-nose. The brutality of the fights reminded me of Mad Max.👍

51 minutes ago, dartmonkey said:

Okay, what are people's theories re. Logan's sickness? Mine is that 

Hide contents

the Westchester incident which presumably killed the other principal X-Men didn't kill Logan due to his mutation but caused some kind of terminal poisoning in him.

A great finale for Huge Action, I thought. The Shane stuff was nice, though a bit on-the-nose. The brutality of the fights reminded me of Mad Max.👍

RE: sickness

I thought they implied that he had some sort of metal poisoning because of his metal infused bones

Spoiler

Yeah I thought it was fairly clearly spelled out that his healing factor was finally no longer able to compensate for his adamantium-laced skeleton due to his age.

What I'm kind of wondering is how much of Laura's skeleton got the same treatment as Logan's - he had his bones coated as an adult, but if hers are coated too, wouldn't that kill her in short order, since she's still growing? Or did they just do her claws and leave the rest?  I mean I know it's a comic book movie and everything in it withers under even the smallest amount of medical and scientific scrutiny, but still. STILL.