Sign in to follow this  
Erkki

Wrong Fucking Movie

Another fun list, semi-obscure movies which have the same titles as more famous movies https://letterboxd.com/sternwise/list/wrong-fucking-movie/

I don't know why, but for some reason I find these hilarious. It's not like you'd actually start watching the wrong one by mistake, though... I tried to play a joke on people by talking about the 2011 movie "The Dark Knight", but it didn't turn out as funny as I hoped because nobody understood of course. Another favourite is the 1955 "The Fast and the Furious". Well, those are the too I've seen, plus the 1998 Avengers, but that's not very obscure.

54 minutes ago, Erkki said:

I tried to play a joke on people by talking about the 2011 movie "The Dark Knight", but it didn't turn out as funny as I hoped because nobody understood of course.

That was me! I ruined that joke!

Good list, although with some of these one might be relieved to be the wrong movie...

Excellent list, this basically came up yesterday when I was having a conversation with someone and they brought up Crash and I went along with it, but pretended I thought they were talking about the Cronenberg Crash with James Spader and Holly Hunter.

There is a comic strip where, I think, Ms. Marvel complains about having accidentally rented The Room instead of Room.

This happened to me recently when my partner borrowed The Room from the internet instead of Room.

18 hours ago, Ben X said:

That was me! I ruined that joke!

I also tried it offline with some people, with similar results. :)

6 hours ago, Cordeos said:

Was this thread a prediction of the Oscar's giving the award to the wrong fucking movie?

It would have been if the other one was also called Moonlight. And why not?

161212_r29165-1200x746-1480541577.jpg