Jake

Idle Thumbs: A Patreon

Hey all, we're trying something new: A Patreon for Idle Thumbs

This isnt formally announced (we're pluggging it for real in this week's episodes!) but we wanted to drop it off here in the forums (and Reader's Slack) ahead of time as a sort of "soft launch," while Chris and I figure out how Patreon works. 

The gist of it is you can become a patron of Idle Thumbs for any amount a month, but if you pledge $5, you get a special advertisement-free feed of Important If True, and 10% off when you shop at the store each month. (For $9 we'll also send you a dumb unique postcard each month, and the store discount is 15%!)

We're looking for more things to do with the Patreon over time - it seems like a good opportunity to do weird things for backers - but that's still being sorted out and it's just the big stuff above for now. 

This'll be announced properly this week as part of Thumbs 300, and the first full episode of Important If True, but for now check it out, become a patron if you'd like (we'd appreciate it!), and let us know what you think and share any feedback here. 

Thanks all for being here forever and supporting us all this time. :)

EDIT: First goal achieved!

EDIT: SECOND GOAL ACHIEVED!

What is the last day to sign up and still receive the first dumb unique postcard? The completionist in me must know...

3 hours ago, SirSlade said:

What is the last day to sign up and still receive the first dumb unique postcard? The completionist in me must know...

End of this month I'm pretty sure. 

Wow you got that set up fast!

Guess Patreon added private RSS feeds since last I looked into it, that's awesome. 

5 minutes ago, Twig said:

Wow you got that set up fast!

Guess Patreon added private RSS feeds since last I looked into it, that's awesome. 

Yeah that's what got us to take the plunge. 

Splendid, I've pledged! I've recently started using Patreon to follow and support people (mostly comics creators) and really like it as a platform. It's great that there's a way to do these special RSS feeds.

Happy to help, and hyped for IIT. :tup:

Nothing's in the bathroom anymore (unfortunately), that was just at our previous office.

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Nothing's in the bathroom anymore (unfortunately), that was just at our previous office.

a true shame, given Steve's affinity for (in game) toilets. painting Gaynor probably would love to be in the bathroom.

Seeing what's normally "behind" the camera in the studio tour was very weird. Like seeing the reverse angle on Mr. Rogers' house. 10/10 would watch again