Sign in to follow this  
SecretAsianMan

Marvel Netflix shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, etc.)

Yeah, I'm 4 eps in and feeling the same. I think it gets away with being slow a little more than the other shows, perhaps because I already like the characters or perhaps because the PI set-up lets them move cases and characters in and out rather than introduce the villain up-front and then have them spin wheels for half the season (like Iron Fist with zombie dad and evil lawyer son). But even so, it's really suffering from not having a Kilgrave.

I got to episode 5 and I was like "this is three episodes of content stretched out to five". Now I've watched episode 8 and it's still on about three eps of content. It's really frustrating that they let this show get so sluggish and dull.

binged the new season of Luke Cage...some iffy parts but was stoked that there wasn't the traditional villain switch up.  

On 6/28/2018 at 1:20 AM, Brannigan said:

binged the new season of Luke Cage...some iffy parts but was stoked that there wasn't the traditional villain switch up.  

I totally agree, the villain is pretty good and him not being switched out was a welcome change. Just finished the season today, its possibly a better season than 1 because it lacks the villain switch and the ending was really interesting. Excited for Season 3.

Overall its either the 2nd or 3rd best season of a Marvel Netflix show. Cant quite decide how to rank the two Luke Cage seasons, #1 is still JJ S1.

Y'all watch Daredevil S3? I watched it over the last week. Had some great character moments, some great twists and it wasn't afraid to go super-bleak. The ending tho? Eh. I think my issue with the final episode is

Spoiler

that the rug had been pulled out so consistently under the heroes' feet throughout the season, that when things finally worked out it felt a bit arbitrary.

Anyway, overall I really liked it tho. In fact it might be my favourite season of the series.

I haven't watched any of the shows since the Defenders, except for a handful of Jessica Jones season 2.  From what I hear Daredevil season 3 is the one to watch though so I might pick it up.  Is there anything from the other shows that I need to know about first or is it self contained?

It picks up where The Defenders ended, but aside from that it's very self-contained. The other Defenders are barely even mentioned. It also feels much more like a sequel to Daredevil S1 than S2.

The new season of Punisher is bad. The writing is almost hilarious in how sloppy it is, the plot, new characters and villain are formulaic and uninteresting. I won't be sad when it gets cancelled.

Is Jessica Jones the only other marvel show still going on netflix?