I've only seen the first episode but it seemed bad :(

It feels like the least-interesting and already-explored-better components of both Twin Peaks and any high school teen drama, rather than a novel collision of those two things.

I also want to know this.

Also, separately, is it yet another CW everybody's-hot-and-fucks-(or-wants-to-fuck)-all-the-time show. 

EDIT: Beaten by Chris.

That's a bummer. ): I've enjoyed a lot of what they're doing with the Archie-verse(??), but mostly as an outsider, without actually diving in. Was hoping this TV show might be a good starting point. Oh well.

I love it!

i haven't watched twin peaks, or really watched any teen dramas so :tup:

my wife also thinks it's bad (But she hates everything up until the third episode). Ya'll crazy

It's doing Twin Peaksy stuff? Huh, I thought Archie was normally pretty vanilla high school drama outside of the spin-off stuff like Horror Archie or Archie Vs Predator or whatever...

From what I gather from the onslaught of geeky pop culture media that surrounds me at all times: your assumptions about Archie are historically correct but, lately, there's been more dicking-around with the Archie formula than not-dicking-around.

26 minutes ago, Ben X said:

It's doing Twin Peaksy stuff? Huh, I thought Archie was normally pretty vanilla high school drama outside of the spin-off stuff like Horror Archie or Archie Vs Predator or whatever...

The premise of the show is that a high school student turns up dead by a lake; it's the same premise of Twin Peaks. All the interpersonal drama between the characters takes place against the backdrop of that central event. 

My girlfriend is watching it and describes it thus: "It's a garbage show for garbage people. It's fucking terrible. It's a very, very, VERY bad show. I love it."

10minutes of Riverdale chat at 25:40. Kind of a introduction to what the shows about, give it a listen if you're on the fence.

There was recently a pop culture happy hour episode where they talked about Riverdale and teen soap style shows in general. After listening to that I watched the first episode of Dawson's Creek and that has so many of the same beats as the Riverdale pilot, except Dawson's Creek has virtually no redeeming qualities in its first 2 episodes (I quit after that) whereas I am interested to see more out of Riverdale.

I love low stakes interpersonal dramas, which is why I like shows like Gilmore Girls & Friday Night Lights, and why I have watched like 15 episodes of The OC in the last 2 weeks. I will probably watch episode 2 of Riverdale tonight.

All of the CW's shows can be watched for free on their website or on the CW app on Roku & I assume the other streaming service sticks/platforms.

In Canada at least (don't know about you yanks), they're releasing the newest episode on Netflix every Saturday. That's where my lady is watching. I have promised to catch up at my earliest convenience using this service.

I watched episode two and I think this show is really bad? If I wasn't watching it as it came out, I would definitely quit. I'll try episode 3 and see how that goes, but I think it's kind of terrible?

It's definitely Twin Peaks inspired but maybe a bit of Veronica Mars although I might be calling that too early since I only watched the first episode after reading a review for the third which indicated it was actually digging into the whole student- teacher romantic trope which I cannot stand. I think I am going to wait till this season is over to see how it plays out. I  like the visual aspects but good lord that show drops pop culture references like Mauro Ranallo

watched episode three. this show is bad, but i might continue watching regardless?

i love teen dramas and the archie updated comic has been my jam, but this show is so heavy handed with everything that I am having a hard time with it.

Yeah, episode 3 was a hot mess. Episode 4 focuses on the jughead crown head hat guy, who in my opinion is the weakest link of the whole show, I find all the other cast believable whereas I find him as a actor acting incredibly poorly.

ill keep watching, but if the rest of the seasons filler is as bad as episode 3's we're in for a bumpy ride. Perhaps this forum could become a support group. We can congratulate each other on surviving another episode. 

turn up the hot tub and pour maple syrup on me, it's on. #teambetty

oh nooooooo. i've commented repeatedly while watching riverdale that jughead is my least favorite character because i agree with you and think he's portrayed by the weakest actor, so an episode focusing on him is a downer. i find his narration kind of grating and insufferable.

1 minute ago, Mington said:

We know you fired a gun, tell the police or tell the high school news paper, it's up to you. Lol wat

i would recommend you tell me, the only reporter for what appears to be a defunct paper that betty is trying to bring back????

also the idea that in episode 3

pouring syrup on chuck is where the line got crossed and not the drugging, handcuffing and boiling is out of control. betty just has a dissociative episode and they're worried about the syrup?????

what the fuck is even this show.

you baffle me and leave me coming back for more riverdale.

you guys are kind of making me want to watch this...

Me , my partner and our house mate sit down and watch this every week. It is one of the funnest shows to sit there and rip to shreds, while also unironically enjoying. Veronica is clearly the best character. Also, I am calling it now. Luke Perry, being the only halfway human being in the show that isn't a main character, did it.

Happy to be wrong though as he is kind of adorable now that he isn't a young 'teen' in Beverly Hills 90210.

Veronica is both the best character and clearly the best actress on the show.

I hope this show is just fuckin' buck wild in conclusion. here's the theory i drew up from like episode one and while i know there's virtually no chance this is correct I'm praying for a reveal of:

Miss Grundy hired a hitman and he killed the wrong redhead.

i'm a garbage person and i really like this garbage show. started this weekend and haven't really stopped. 

Jughead is my fav character, along with V. Juggie comes into his own bout halfway into the first season.

the show also drops hints here and there about how its aware of what it is, which is fun. Anyway, i just finished S1 and starting S2, did anyone stick with it?