Sign in to follow this  
melmer

Fire Emblem Heroes (iOS/Android)

I'm also having the "this just makes me want to check out a real Fire Emblem" response. Which i guess is probably one of Nintendo's big goals for this thing.

The battle system is more interesting than other gachas I've played, but the systems surrounding it haven't really hooked me.

Is there a way to keep Fire Emblem on Android from overriding my podcast when I start it up? Even if I set it to Silent mode, it still stops any other sound (music or podcast) from playing. This is the number one thing that stops me using an app. 

I'm playing this as the game equivalent of a mama-cat taking her kittens out to teach them how to hunt. 

8 hours ago, Dewar said:

Is there a way to keep Fire Emblem on Android from overriding my podcast when I start it up? Even if I set it to Silent mode, it still stops any other sound (music or podcast) from playing. This is the number one thing that stops me using an app. 

It's strange that Pokemon Go is coded the same way. It always stops music or podcasts if you have something playing why starting the app.

I really like this game. It's almost exactly the right level of complexity/grindiness/rewarding. I'm sure I'll feel different once I stop getting orbs from the story missions, but perhaps there'll be a new thing by then.

I'm having quite a bit of fun building & testing utility type characters such as felicia. Also working on getting the 3 'main' characters to 4* at least for kicks. Only two 5* characters so far, neither of which is particularly interesting. Now if only this game didn't drain my battery at such insane rates...

It *did* get me to also pick up FE: Awakening on the ole threeds but the 3D art is soooo much worse than this game's gorgeous 2D portraits it's kind of depressing.

Ah, it's so much better though! Worth the drop in resolution, for me. Also, the actual 3D is really useful in Awakening. It's much easier to read the battlefield with it.

Ok so I didn't like this game much at all when I first played it, but I continued to play it for some reason and now I like it a lot. I haven't beaten all the story missions btw.

At first I hated how fighting against enemies three levels above you was impossible, but now I'm fine with it as I'm treatinh this game as a hero-management sim. I just play it a every couple of days and do whatever special-missions there are and maybe a couple of training missions or whatever and I'm mostly just trying to manage the tactics-game in such a way that the characters I want to level up most get the killing blows. Every once in a while I level up enough to do a new mission and get some quarters for the bobble-machine. 

I didn't understand the pace at first, but now it's just mostly tactics-lite with characters as rewards for progression. I don't think this game was designed to be played through within a single week. It's a weekly-mission structure.

Is there some sort of penetration-damage characteristic that I'm missing. These knights are big problems for me even when my characters are higher levels.

The solution to knights is usually mages for me. I also run at least one -def/res character in almost every setup because of them.

Alternatively have some tanks of your own, and then use characters that have ignore-def/res specials that can hide behind them.

I added the friend codes to the Idle Thumbs Consolidated ID Exchange list, a new column done for Fire Emblem Heroes.

I have not been playing FE:Heroes that much, but I do keep logging in pretty much every day still and going a few battles through. It becomes quite grinding after reaching over 30 levels with the characters. They recently gave a lot of feathers for free, so I have now clearly over 20000 so could do an upgrade to a 4* character if I just had a good enough tier character.