Jake

Idle Thumbs !!: With Bagblast

Hi there!  I've been a reader for a few years and have grown to love what you folks have created here. This latest development motivated me to finally register on these fine forums and write words to the effect of "I'm looking forward to listening to the new Active Fingers podcast in whatever form it takes" and now I have done this.

Best of luck figuring it all out, I'll be there! 

I will show up if there is the slightest chance of a new catchy theme-song and a crisp logo. Mind you I'm not asking for any promises and I'll settle for a dumpy logo too anyway...

cooltext230118372578213.gif.7818b523bdfa86ecb3c3e73407323488.gifcooltext230118736925117.png.38034ae419bf718db993559e278e9faf.png

Courtesy of this website here: https://cooltext.com/

I CANT STOP:

cooltext230120657114232.png

Ok last one I promise!

cooltext230121958636290.png.997838ea149daf5cd9eda63f20876088.png

Last edit: Professional thumbs needed one more revision (in the parentheses).

On 2/2/2017 at 10:42 PM, Problem Machine said:

I don't think I'd even want to hear an ad free version, the ad reads are often Good Content.

Anyway this feels like a good decision to me. Making a clean split instead of a rebrand means that further IT episodes are much more feasible in the future, when things are less fucking crazy and the idea of having to play a game a week seems appealing rather than onerous. In the meanwhile, I'm eager to see what you come up with as a high concept for the new pod.

I listen to the with-ads version of the Giant Bombcast even though I'm a subscriber, because it's good content and it doesn't bother me to throw a few more cents their direction. The same would go for me here. I also subscribe to the twitch streams, partially because of the content, but also because I just wanted to find a way to give you regular money. If there was another method out there, I would certainly consider it.

With regards to the empty minecraft server discussion, I can't remember if you guys have talked about this before?

Ok, only now I got to this episode.

Does it mean, that Idle Thumbs Network won't have a video games podcast from now on? It's of course only my personal opinion, but Idle Weekend turned into "I fear Trump" podcast months ago, and now this...

There's Three Moves Ahead, Designer Notes, less frequent episodes of Idle Thumbs. (Also Idle Weekend does have a lot of video game talk.)

Is this the most beautifully poignant sentence to ever appear on an Idle Thumbs podcast?  I think it might be:

"What if...What if...I was congratulated, and Chris was fucked?"