Jake

Idle Thumbs 299: Somebody, Somewhere, Somehow, Something

On 1/26/2017 at 4:35 PM, SuperBiasedMan said:

I didn't post about the show's new direction last week, but the Mouthmoods talk was great, and a good sign that you can do the podcast format without games being the specific focus. Just talk about what interests you and fun chats like this will come out. 

This. 

In the past a lot of my favorite talk has just been about whatever happened to be exciting whoever that week. A good example is when Chris would talk about Fallout Shelter. I always got the impression that that just happened to be what he was playing, so that's what got talked about. And for the record, I was always fine with hearing the same game discussed on multiple episodes. I don't know, it's more organic. Whatever is on your mind - that's what you'll have the best thoughts regarding. So bring it on even if that's more Hitman, Dark Souls, Mario Run or Jurassic Park, or some show you guys are watching, or Jurassic Park, or a new album, or whatever.

The change is fine. But I honestly come in to listen to video games and video game culture topics. I enjoyed Mouthmoods as it is a topic I enjoy, but I honestly don't know how long I would keep listenning to the podcast if it is about topics that I am not interested in.

I found out about idlethumbs because a friend told me that it is a more serious take on video games compared to other podcasts we were listening to.

At the end of the day it is your choice and you guys do what you love tbh and I will hopefully stick around and enjoy the podcasts. Just stating my opinion.

roaches are scary.

I'll be very interested to see what you think of Bram Stoker's Dracula. I don't think it really works as a story but it is definitely a one of a kind movie.