Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

That wallpaper kind of reminds me of that one quite bad adventure game that came out in 2002 or 2003?

You're probably thinking of Salammbo (a game that actually wasn't so bad according to those who played it).

salammbo.jpg

You're probably thinking of Salammbo (a game that actually wasn't so bad according to those who played it).

Yeah that's it.

Ok, I admit that I've never played it, I just thought that it wasn't anything special.

Hmm, at least the "new Farah" has about 50 lbs. on the old Farah....

Bringing the total up to about 70. :grin:

What's that in kilo's? Your strange, imperial systems mean nothing to me.

Ok, I admit that I've never played it, I just thought that it wasn't anything special.
Which is understandable. When I first saw the game I thought it was crap too :)

Anyway, I hate these costumes. The intention is obviously to add sex appeal but instead it just ends up looking ridiculous. Any developers looking to sex appeal to their characters should probably take a cue from Broken Sword 3's Nico Collard. Farah is a well designed character too, with some really nice clothes. This new goth crap on the other hand is terrible.

WTF! What is that?!!

Man, that is the worst you could do, turning her into a stereotypical RPG fantasy slut. I loved the original look of Farah in Sands Of Time (with her air of fierceness and innocence mixed with womanliness), she at least looked distinguished and fresh compared to those pre-fab vixen blow up dolls your average RPG nerd guy with no social life would get hard-ons over. And now look what they've done. They've trivialized and objectified poor Farah!! :frusty:

0,1311,i=65696,00.gif

I want my old Farah back!!! :\

Yeah. With "new Farah" I meant "the female character meant to replace Farah".

Uhh, I checked the website, that's not the girl that replaces Farah, Marek.

That girl in the picture is supposed to be an enemy of da Prince, and she's called Shahdee:

gd-shahdee.gif

The girl who replaces Farah is called Kaileena:

gd-kaileena.gif

I kind of liked the Salammbo demo. But not enough to try to find the full game.

Am I the only one who isn't offended in the slightest by Shahdee's 'assets'?? :P

Similarly, am I the only one that is reminded of Voldo because of this pic?

pop.jpg

Seriously, first the new emphasis on combat and now this kind of crap character design. I'm starting to think this will be a Prince of Persia game in name only. I hope not, but ...

Well, to be fair, Sands of Time really didn't have anything in common with the original POP games in terms of gameplay, but still yeah this looks kind of lame.

Eh, I'll buy it, the chick would look hot except we've seen it 1000 times before. Glad she's not replacing Farah though, evil chicks are supposed to be goth....

A thought just struck me, how can you move with thongs made of scrap-metal? It looks horrible painfull - but of course - she's evil....

You gotta be mighty careful about rust.

This japanese guy left his wife to go on a month-long business trip but didn't trust her and so forced her to wear a chastity belt the entire time. Needless to say, with no escape hatch for her to utilise and no way of cleansing herself, she was forced to release her bodily produce into the chastity belt. Unfortunately, what with the rust that soon developed, the lack of hygiene and the subsequent torrent of infections, she died.

True story.

Normally I would be concerned, but this is Ubisoft Montreal that we're talking about. The people that made Splinter Cell, Myst 4, and other cool stuff. And even though they're focusing on combat in this game, it still has puzzles. I believe I read somewhere that Warrior Within will have time travel puzzles where if you do something in the past, it will change the landscape of the future.

So then, it should be possible to go back in time to where that 'evil' skank was trying to decide what outfit to wear for the entire story and game and tell her: "No. NO! You are not going to do that stereotypical RPG slut metal thong thingie! Honey, you've got a sh!tload more dignity than that!"

:blink: