Cordeos

PC Hotseat games

I am dating someone that likes playing video games, unfortunately I don't have a console anymore so all of my two player games are no longer available, I do have a projector which makes spit screen so much better. Currently the only hot seat 2 player game I have is Goat Simulator. She isn't a hardcore gamer so coop or less mean competitive is preferred. Would also like if they were controller games, I only have one controller right now, but it seems a lot better than needing to use a controller and a keyboard or two keyboards. 

While I have not played it myself, Overcooked has an option that allows two players to use one controller by splitting the controls down the middle.  Seems like it could be equal parts awkward and hilarious.

20160712204816_1-1024x576.jpg

1 hour ago, Problem Machine said:

I would uh... make sure you have pretty good communication skills before playing Overcooked though.

Ha ha why?
Also turns out I own more than I thought: Portal 2. the new Gauntlet, Lover in a Dangerous Space Time, Magika 1, Monaco, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

More than any other pure co-op game I've seen that one really seems like it could lead to acrimony, in a way that can either be hilarious or tragic depending on the particular people involved.

Trine 2 i think has local and would work if you dont mind using M+K 

i used to have to do this before i got more controllers but having the keyboard in the lap and a wireless mouse on the couch next to my leg worked ok for some games but i dont know what the set up you have or if it would work/be comfortable. 

The Yawgh
The Yawgh
The Yawgh
The Yawgh
The Yawgh is coming

Mount Your Friends is a really fun, funny (not mean) competitive game, although possibly only good for 10-20 minute bursts.

There are SOOOOO many local multiplayer games on Steam now, it's crazy compared to just a few years ago. 

Cook, Serve, Delicious is an arcadey restaurant sim game that I think is a lot less hectic than Overcooked

If she likes rhythm games, Crypt of the NecroDancer is fucking amazing (even though I am terrible at it)

If you want a slower paced horror game, Obscure and Obscure 2 are Resident Evil 1 style horror games with local co-op.  A bit on the janky and aged side, but they fill a rare niche in local co-op. 

Serious Sam 3 is possibly the best local co-op shooter available on PC. 

Victor Vran is a diablo-like that recently got local co-op patched in, and is one of the very few arpgs on PC with local co-op.

Spelunky :)

Broforce is super dumb super fun side scrolling action murder.

Guacamelee! is a pretty good co-op metroidvania style game

A lot of the Pixeljunk games are on Steam now, and I can't recommend Monsters enough.  NomNom Galaxy and Shooter are good, but I don't think were quite as good as Monsters.

Of the ones you rattled off already owning, I will say that we bounced really hard from both Monaco and Magicka, I think for similar reasons.  Both can be very difficult to tell what's going on when things get hectic and for us led to a lot more frustration than fun. 

So that's now brkl, miffy, jutranjo and Gwardinen in the Liero fan club!

Well, I may as well also recommend Gun Monkeys, the 2D deathmatch platformer that my mate Dan made. You get two copies when you buy it, but a warning: due to a bug with Unity's server handling that has recently appeared, this game is currently (and possibly permanently) local 1v1 only. It's very good fun, though!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239450 

If you don't mind using the keyboard, there's also the Lego games by Traveller's Tales (Lego Star Wars 2 would be my suggestion, but Lego Indiana Jones was a good one, too) which are a laugh to play co-op and there's basically no penalty for failure, so fun for the ham-fisted too.