Feeona

Twitchy, Tasty: Twitch Team

Hello all!

When I wrote my email to Thumbs a while back I didn't realise:

1) the official name terminology for Twitch Teams.

2) That in order to create a Twitch Team you need to be a partner.

The Thumbs would like the community to cultivate this and I'm totally on board for this, unfortunately since none of us are partners it's a bit of a block on the road.  Right now we have a make do auto-host setup but it's more fiddly than joining a team, I also have non thumbs people I host so it gets rather confusing.

Setting up a Twitch Team would allow the community to see what streams have like minded ideals, game tastes and most of all friendly and self moderating chat. :)

@Nick Breckon @Chris @Jake

Setting up is easy, have a read over and let us know if it's something that the Thumbs wish to start.  We'll keep that ball rolling. :D

Twitch.tv Twitch Teams!

I tried streaming from a borrowed PS4 last night/this morning and it's almost offensively easy to have a good looking stream in terms of video quality. I wish I could get my PC to look this good (thanks Sony for sponsoring this post) 

A makeshift alternative for the time being would be to set up an "Idle Thumbs Community" twitch account that would only autohost people from around here. It's not quite the same as a twitch team, but it would kinda work, I think!

30 minutes ago, ratamero said:

A makeshift alternative for the time being would be to set up an "Idle Thumbs Community" twitch account that would only autohost people from around here. It's not quite the same as a twitch team, but it would kinda work, I think!

That is a grand idea, the problem is that I'd have to work hard to get the word out for people in the Thumbs community to follow it so that it'd be useful.  I'm going to wait back on what the Thumbs would like to do and if they choose not to make the Team then I'll go ahead with this route, thanks for the awesome suggestion!

4 hours ago, Kyir said:

I tried streaming from a borrowed PS4 last night/this morning and it's almost offensively easy to have a good looking stream in terms of video quality. I wish I could get my PC to look this good (thanks Sony for sponsoring this post) 

Seeeee I feel the quality from my PS4 was not as good, 720 just looked bad and that was with an Ethernet connection. I like having all the tweaks available on my PC and if I knew more about it I'd tweak more, deffo feel a capture card is the way to go for streaming console games. 

5 hours ago, Kyir said:

Yeah, I've been streaming Bloodborne from my PS4 directly, and with a PS4 camera, you can even do chroma key stuff. It's a very, very good, forward-thinking system they set up for streaming. 

At this point we have a pretty robust network of thumbs community members all auto-hosting each other. The only thing we need now is to have the larger community actually watching us :P

I agree, but at the same time if there was a team someone watching the Thumbs stream could say "Oh Idle Thumbs Network? I love Idle Thumbs, the Dark Souls streamer with glasses. I will check out another name on this team that's online".

Auto Hosting is on your dashboard. I'm sure there's an easier way to manage this stuff, but this is the fastest way I've found to get to it. It's on the bottom right there. Hit the gear to manage your auto host options.

You can literally autohost anyone. I could choose the top 50 streamers and autohost them if I wanted, as silly as that might be.

Hosting.png

2 hours ago, Badfinger said:

I agree, but at the same time if there was a team someone watching the Thumbs stream could say "Oh Idle Thumbs Network? I love Idle Thumbs, the Dark Souls streamer with glasses. I will check out another name on this team that's online".

Yep, that's what I'm going for with the Twitch Team and anyone in the Thumbs community can join too. :)

The autohosting only goes so far, if you host your team it can be clicked on and you can view everyone in it as well as others online.  Auto hosting feels like a one way shake of the hand, a Twitch Team feels like a full circle.