SuperBiasedMan

Come on and stream and welcome to the jam

The Wizard has been thoroughly Jammed, and now we can all relax for the holidays and play some video games, or watch people play them. Here you can link to any let's plays or streams of the wizard jam games. There have been some in the past and they're always fun. It's a good way to run through a lot of the great stuff that this jam can put out.

So post some details and I'll ammend them in here as a master list. I'll try add timezone information for folks. And if you want more timezones, please ask. If there's a demand for other european zones or australian times, I can tag them in if you give me a code to use.

I'm planning on streaming at https://twitch.tv/superbiasedman later this week, provisionally Thursday evening. Around 6pm GMT (1pm EST, 10am PST) and running for about 3 hours. I expect to do at most, half of the games given how it went last time.

Upcoming Streams:

SuperBiasedMan - https://twitch.tv/superbiasedman

Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lyXutOvNfE

Part 2 - Monday the 2nd of January 2017. 6pm GMT/1pm EST/10am PST/3:30am 3rd Jan ACST

Playlist of individual games - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdLeOxRHtRXoFhBNnWybP1VhJ6jYGiIO5

Phill - https://www.twitch.tv/fifogamedev

Part 1 - https://youtu.be/k3je9mF2Xyc

Part 2 - https://youtu.be/n1W1gv_vHRY

Part 3 - https://youtu.be/QtX4lhQ_pdQ

Idle Thumbs - https://www.twitch.tv/idlethumbs

Mid January

I'm going to stream tomorrow morning to catch some of the American crowd that represent way more of the people that have participated (than Australians).

That'd be Thursday 22nd, 10am Australian Central, so Wednesday 21st, 7:30pm Eastern Time, 4:30pm Pacific, and 12:30am GMT (edit: sorry SBM) according to this thing.

https://www.twitch.tv/fifogamedev

Edited by phill
americoaustraliocentrism

50 minutes ago, phill said:

Edited 1 minute ago by phill
americoaustraliocentrism

Despite your transgressions, I added you to the first post.

I've done part 1, and put the recordings up on youtube. Both a full video of all 3 hours and a playlist of individual videos for each game.

Full Stream

Playlist of games:

Part 2 coming at some point (may require a part 3 too).

Thanks SuperBiasedMan and phill for the streams!

Thanks especially to phill. I'm glad you enjoyed Slyboots Express, and apologize for the padlock glitch. I've updated the game description with a work around. I might try to upload another version with an in-game fix for the issue if I have time to figure it out.

Phill's Stream VODs

Creators should be able to see their game cover on the preview image (thanks @zerofiftyone for permission to use your boss header). If you go to the actual YouTube page, you can skip to your game using the time stamps in the description if you like!

I'll update as I do the last couple of streams necessary to cover all the games. 

Just finished watching SuperBiasedMan's stream, good stream and wow, there are some really impressive games this time!

On 27/12/2016 at 11:03 AM, Apelsin said:

Just finished watching SuperBiasedMan's stream, good stream and wow, there are some really impressive games this time!

Thanks! And yes, some great games coming out of this jam. :)

I'm finally going to continue with streaming part 2 on Monday the 2nd of January 2017. Same time as before 6pm GMT/1pm EST/10am PST. Hope some folk can make it!

Also if you made a game I haven't yet covered, feel free to request it while on chat. It's more fun playing the game when the creator is there!

Just saw your second stream, SuperBiasedMan. I'm happy that chat told you about turning on the shadows in Beware of Falling Samurai -- I will definitely go back and see about changing the default quality settings, and/or making it so that shadows are turned on even on the lowest settings. Thanks! :)

Phill, that was a fine rendering of my opening comic, quality voicework. :tup: I'm glad you appreciated the ragdolls. =P

Thanks Berzee, glad you enjoyed it! And yes, chat is great for being able to nudge me in the right direction when I'm missing something in a game. If you have trouble finding how to set the defaults I'm pretty sure I know where that option is in Unity.

And speaking of the second stream, here it is on youtube!

Individual game videos are coming soon, and will be added to the same playlist as the rest.

These streams are so great. It has been really incredible seeing the breadth of fantastic games that everyone made for this game jam, jeez. Thanks for posting these streams (and for playing my silly two player game by yourself, and for admitting that you thought Oeuvre referred to an egg, SuperBiasedMan)! 

Glad you enjoyed RubixsQube! I forget to say it in here but thanks everyone for making the games, they were a blast.

Also egg in french is oeuf so I wasn't THAT far off.

EDIT: Also! I finished putting together the rest of the individual game videos. You can see them in the same playlist as before, here:

Good streams, thanks y'all!

A suggestion for future streams: as a jammer watching my game being played, it would be nice to get a bit of critical feedback, either while you play or just like 10 seconds at the end, even if it's just "that was cool!" or "that was very frustrating!" I don't know how other jammers would feel about that, but I would guess at least non-jammer viewers would find it interesting too...

Do you have any particular ways you're thinking of Ben? I tried to do a bit as I went but nothing deep. Given that they're jam games, I tend more towards positive since it's hard to make out with a polished thing and a lot of people are inexperienced, possibly even first timers.

I dunno, I guess something along the lines of what I generally posted in the dev threads on this board - some positive feedback and maybe a note or two on what could be improved for the next time or something you'd be interested to see expanded on. I know you have a ton of games to get through so you won't want to do five minute in-depth reviews, but just like a couple of sentences maybe? So for mine you might say "the engine's really interesting. I found it a little hard to spot all the objects, but the story was fun." That and/or just comments while you play - "oh, that's fun" or "mmm, this is a bit frustrating" .

Like I say, this is mainly from the POV of a jammer seeing their game played. Perhaps others just want to see all the games that were made without any subjective commentary...

5 minutes ago, Ben X said:

Like I say, this is mainly from the POV of a jammer seeing their game played. Perhaps others just want to see all the games that were made without any subjective commentary...

I try to stay pretty objective in my comments.

But yeah, that makes total sense. I find it hard to get deep into that while also figuring out the game but that's probably due to being inexperienced at streaming. For the first batch I did leave comments on all the itch.io pages for the games, though I should maybe port those over to the threads too.

Ah, that's a shame! In fact I wasn't able to do your game on the stream because it wasn't showing up for me in OBS. Is there any way to run the game in windowed mode? I could just capture my screen, but that wont work on fullscreen games.

Oh, I was wondering why my game kept getting overlooked!

hmm...I could send you a windowed version. Can you message my your email? (game is like 6 megs)

Edit: nevermind...just download it here! Dance of The Treasure Goblin (windowed)

Stream away! and thanks! I do think the mouse control may be a bit (more) annoying in windowed mode.

Sweet! I can do a finale bit of streaming that and make sure I pop the video up for you to see. No idea when it'll actually happen so can't give notice I'm afraid!

On 04/01/2017 at 7:37 PM, Ben X said:

Good streams, thanks y'all!

A suggestion for future streams: as a jammer watching my game being played, it would be nice to get a bit of critical feedback, either while you play or just like 10 seconds at the end, even if it's just "that was cool!" or "that was very frustrating!" I don't know how other jammers would feel about that, but I would guess at least non-jammer viewers would find it interesting too...

I've had some negative experiences with streaming game jam games and giving that kind of feedback. I think maybe because it was a shorter jam and they were defensive of what they could achieve in that amount of time. So I tend to keep my comments fairly positive and surface level for the most part. I'll keep it mind for next time though. Perhaps we could ask for people who want critical feedback to post in a thread opting in?

I think the thing is that risk really. If you say positive things the worst that can happen is that the creator doesn't get a full set of feedback. If you say negative things, it can upset people, make them angry, be demotivating etc.

I'd be up for more critical deep dives, but only if I knew it's what that creator wanted.