(I'll just copy-drop this where folks will see it, in case it doesn't get read as a mail, from me, a reader...)

I'm lurking around the amazing stuff coming out of Wizard Jam 4, and thought I'd share a story that highlights how this community isn't just making cool shit, but inspiring development.

I got laid off after working as a Systems Designer for five years at a medium sized company, and was struggling to re-enter the industry for months. It was a real low point for me, and I was starting to entertain depressing thoughts about a professional life without the games I love. Enter Wizard Jam 3! The little burst of schedule, structure, and encouragement reminded me of why I do this, and how important other people are to the process. The simple personality test I made came together because it was designed to amuse you guys, not to satisfy myself. I really needed that reminder that we make games to share them, not to prove we're hireable.

The reason I'm not jamming right now is that I'm busy working alongside a team at our new startup, and if it wasn't for Wizard Jam, I might have taken a different job and missed out on doing what I wanted ever since 8 year old me played Super Mario Bros. for the first time.

So, jam on you crazy wizards, and I can't wait to see this year's stream and play the games... (just as soon as this demo is locked!)

Ah that's great to hear, I remember Nasty/Good/Badass and it was a lot of fun :D Glad to hear it led you into new opportunities, and good luck with it!

Great to hear! Industry life can be tough but I'm glad we can all come together on this and just have a good time. Rock on!