SL128

Nick Plays FROM; Currently - Bloodborne

I know I said I'd be back today, but I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow when that network switch will arrive, so that I'll be able to actually read chat. 

6 hours ago, Cbirdsong said:

The blood vial system is such a massive downgrade from estus when it fails, and there are no upsides to counterbalance that. Nick, if you have any trouble the Cleric Beast, feel free to postpone the fight and explore more. That will help you build up a buffer of vials and other items, and possibly even level yourself or your cane.

Yeah it's garbage. Someone in chat said "it's not grinding". I've not seen people be more in denial about something in a game than the healing system in BB.

Next time though, Krikhammer!

I've been listening to Idle Thumbs for years, yet somehow it's popular Dark Souls streamer IdleThumb that finally got me to join the forum. 

Nice job with the Cleric Beast, Nick. You took that advice to heart and it paid off.

6 hours ago, Kyir said:

I feel like Nick continues to overstate my aggravation. The times I was being helpful and supportive just got lost in the increasingly fast paced chat. I am not an angry person at heart.

It's a tragedy.

I think it's mostly your fondness of caps that leads him to think that way. I actually felt the same way about you (that you yell a lot) until I tuned into your streams.

I wish there was a mod or a Lokno script, that would have a sound file saying "THAT'S THE STUFF!" play every time Nick would pick up a dropped item. That would surely motivate him to look around a lot more (but fast, cheating hitman-like, of course).

But great job, Nick you pretty much learned all you need to know about how to play this video game. Have a music: 

12 hours ago, Dewar said:

I just finally finished Nick's Dark Souls 1 run. Man, that's a heck of a moment. 

There's so many special moments about that DS1 stream.

When Nick starts playing, usually.

(Seriously though, it's kinda random based on when he has time to play?)

Catching up on the latest stream now, but damn that cleric beast fight was intense! These have been good. Good quality entertainment. Even when you die to crows (Fucking crows. I hate those things).

On another note: is the Idle Thumbs twitch still going to be the de facto Nick Breckon Streaming Shenanigans™ for the foreseeable future?

Sorry I've been a little absent guys. Came down with some kind of sinus infection this weekend that has kept me from doing, well, much of anything. But I think I should be fine for a longish stream tomorrow during the day to get back into things. 

Feel better Nick!

Was also going to post to note that only the first Bloodborne session was highlighted and exported to Youtube, the other one is still sitting here as a past broadcast on twitch but that's all.

34 minutes ago, SuperBiasedMan said:

Feel better Nick!

Was also going to post to note that only the first Bloodborne session was highlighted and exported to Youtube, the other one is still sitting here as a past broadcast on twitch but that's all.

Just highlighted and exported the next long chunk; skipped the little 20 minute one that seemed like it had some stream problems. (Hopefully that was the correct move.) It should show up on YouTube momentarily.

Oh it looks like it was actually two full streams behind. Just highlighted and uploaded part 3 as well!

I was hoping he'd have that happen to him.

Also, I've never mistakenly done a gesture in all my time with the game. I dunno what the hell Nick is doing with his controller.

edit: chat needs to get Nick that damn Kirkhammer!