SL128

Nick Plays FROM; Currently - Bloodborne

@Problem Machine, can't you join CoC to stop enemy despawns and farm pigs that way?

I thought this was funny and half true

"milesjacob : its amazing how exploring levels make him miserable just the way repeating boss fights does me "

Hm, interesting question eot. The pig spawns aren't normal spawns, since rather than just stopping spawning the three little pigs get replaced by two normal-sized pigs with a higher drop rate, and then when farmed out those two pigs get replaced by one giant pig that you can kill once for three cracked orbs. Checking on discussions about this, this apparently means that you can't farm using CoC.

I grabbed a bonfire ascetic and respawned them to get another 12 cracked orbs, and will probably be making my way to iron keep so I can find Chloanne (who sells more ascetics) and Magerold (who sells rusted coins, talking carvings, jester's hood, and gives the covetous gold serpent ring +1) after the next stream.

(ah damn, just discovered that the coins last for 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds or whatever like in DS3. Guess I wasted most of my coins)

I hope Nick commits to a path more now that he'a done with the wharf. I understand his feeling of being lost after doing both paths to the same place, but turning around after Ruin Sentinels didn't feel like him at all. I think Dragonrider dying first has probably locked him out of Old Dragonslayer for a while given his play style, so I guess he pretty much has to commit to this path for a while unless he wants to go on a pit adventure.

I'm glad Nick enjoyed himself more this stream than the last! I hope he especially enjoys the bottom of that hole while he fumbles around in the dark with no torches left (please get more torches Nick)

I don't think vanilla DS2 is available for purchase any more?

I'm curious why you think it's a bad idea, I only ever played SotfS.

For a while I was tempted to join the attempts to invade the stream, but I don't imagine Nick has cross-regional play activated.

1 hour ago, SuperBiasedMan said:

I don't think vanilla DS2 is available for purchase any more?

I'm curious why you think it's a bad idea, I only ever played SotfS.

It's a worse version of the game, especially for someone who's never played it before.

But it might not matter that much because of all the backseaters in the chat.

Wait, are people watching the stream actively waiting for Nick to take a break so they can invade and pummel him? This is Day Z all over.

I wanted to invade Nick so that my naked red skinned man could wave at him and goof around. But I forgot there was a regional restriction thing.

The realization didn't stop me from putting a few hours into catching up to his progress with a babyman character called NickBredon.

2 hours ago, Deadpan said:

The realization didn't stop me from putting a few hours into catching up to his progress with a babyman character called NickBredon.

I was also named Nick Bredon.

Really? I think she's a good fight but too easy. Why don't you like her?

Royal Rat Authority is probably my least favorite -- it's just so damn lazy --  though Ancient Dragon is a REAL stupid fight too.

I don't think the Lost Sinner is an easy fight at all for people new to the series. DS2 was my first time playing a sword & board build, but I didn't really understand a lot of stuff about how to build my character and Lost Sinner punished that in a really unforgiving way. Her moveset isn't complicated, but I would often get one or two shotted, and I didn't do much damage to her so it made the fight extremely tedious (plus the route to the fight sucks). I think it took me over 50 tries, and that was when I started to really dislike DS2.