SL128

Nick Plays FROM; Currently - Bloodborne

1 hour ago, Problem Machine said:

I don't think Nick would like playing a caster much. I think he should go dual wield

Yup, it's on the opposite side of the play style spectrum.

2 hours ago, Problem Machine said:

My experience with attacks in DS2 is that they have a windup phase and then an attack phase. They track VERY well during the windup phase and basically not at all during the attack phase. Leaping attacks are kind of interesting in DS2, because they're one of the attacks that you can manually input the direction of, so it's possible they're notably weird. And yeah, not all of the attacks Nick complains about are BS, but I think more of his complaints were valid during that fight than usual.

Haha, that's the opposite of my experience :P we'll see soon enough though

edit: well I'm exaggerating slightly but I think they track too much

giphy.gif

Yeah, as I said I think the rules might be weird for player-style jumping attacks because they allow for manual directional input during them. This is a good decision in that they would otherwise be useless in pvp, but leads to wonkiness vs npc opponents

I think Nick should go for 2H again. It seems to fit him more than anything else would. Maybe a DEX build this time? Not sure how good those are in DS2.

Just started watching this, finished part 1. I've never played any Dark/Demon Souls or Bloodbourne but there are a lot of things Nick does that make no sense to me. Souls are like EXP, right? So why does he keep trying to run past everything when 1) it keeps killing him and 2) he's denying himself a chance to level up? Is there something I don't understand about the game or is he just being silly?

That is largely Nick being impatient. The cost of leveling up also increases though, so at a certain point killing enemies isn't worth it. If he does that while trying to get to a boss, it's because he's trying to avoid taking damage before he gets there.

Souls are like exp, but the soul reward/challenge curve of the game is such that you can mostly rely on the souls you get for bosses to get you the levels you need. Especially before Sen's the souls you get for killing normal enemies are really minimal.

I don't know if Nick actually knew that going in, though, so he may still have been being silly, it just works out okay for him regardless.

11 minutes ago, Patrick R said:

Just started watching this, finished part 1. I've never played any Dark/Demon Souls or Bloodbourne but there are a lot of things Nick does that make no sense to me. Souls are like EXP, right? So why does he keep trying to run past everything when 1) it keeps killing him and 2) he's denying himself a chance to level up? Is there something I don't understand about the game or is he just being silly?

When you get to a boss you usually want to get back to fighting it rather than killing the same enemies over and over. Also, all those souls will accumulate inside the fog door and it can be distracting to have to worry about collecting your bloodstain every time. Going in with nothing to lose is less stressful. I tend to kill more enemies than Nick though.

3 hours ago, eot said:

Stream started off well with Nick even listening to dialogue, and then it turned in to maximal cheatin' hitman. I hope he doesn't go through the entire game on sprint.

I mean, hopefully he realized by the end that it's harder to run past everything in DS2. He kept getting trains of five or six guys, taking a wrong turn, and then getting mobbed to death.