Sign in to follow this  
Spenny

[Release] The Sad Story of a Modern Idiot

Strong GOSOTY contender (game over screen of the year)! It's a pretty deep metaphor for something when the selfie blocks the view for a while ("Cannot see the road with tubes for the selfies").

I was a confused modern idiot at first because the secret to vaping wasn't explained (<- collect 5 juices, then left click).

I have no idea what I am doing largely because I have no experience with dos commands, But I find the interface's visual and auditory effects to be very evocative and interesting.

7 hours ago, Jake said:

omg two mid jam entries based on this mid-jam episode title. incredible. 

I am pleased by this.

Damnit.
I tried the YouTube and Twitch recordings in hopes that I would be able to figure out how to progress in the game, but in both cases there is no audio!

This is becoming very ARG-esque for me.

Edit: I finally got "something" to happen. I'm a little tortoise; slow and stubborn.

Edit: now that "something" has happened, that being a bunch of loading or something, everything gets corrupted faster so typing dir only gives me a glance and I don't read fast enough or have a memory of what was listed before.

Edit: I restarted so I could read them again. Fuckin A Spenny, I had to do work!

I whole-heartedly approve of everything in this game. It's all canon.

That you can still control Dot Gobbler after the game over always looks like he's trying to angle for the best selfie as he's on fire. Pretty good! 

Has anyone been able to actually turn in this game or is it just me? Maybe you need to be using a controller and not a mouse and keybooard?

3 hours ago, Patrick R said:

Has anyone been able to actually turn in this game or is it just me? Maybe you need to be using a controller and not a mouse and keybooard?

I'm able to turn with a mouse.

A and D rotate you tank control style. This is the most authentic Hoverboard simulation on the market. Not for Hoverboard casuals.

I enjoyed the idea and the presentation of this - the vaping and selfying mechanics and props are great. Unfortunately, I just could not control it very well. I had to keep staring down at the ground to figure out where I was going and it made it a little too tough for me to progress very far. I look forward to seeing it streamed though, and again it's very impressive what you can make in just a few hours!

Great use of DG, and the dissonance of the game box and game itself was funny every time I lost and restarted. And that selfie mechanic system works better than it has any right to in adding some challenge to the game. I did also find it kind of hard to control; it mighta helped to be on a skateboard or somethin that sticks out ahead of you so you can tell where you're pointed.

Also obviously the vape juice is cherry flavored right?