Sign in to follow this  
Lokno

[Dev Log] Real Slyboots

Hello! I'm working solo on my own game for the jam, based on the title of Idle Thumbs episode 267, Real Slyboots.

Premise: You are the infamous cat burglar Slyboots, and you've been forced out of retirement because a copycat Slyboots is at large, making a mess of your legacy.

Gameplay: Single screen stealth game where you return stolen items to their rightful places, fix knocked over furniture, turn back on security systems, etc. 

Working in Pico-8, I'll post me as I get further along.

Sounds like a solid premise, and I have been loving Pico-8 lately! Looking forward to it!

Welp I didn't get started on this until pretty late so hopefully I'm going to have a real productive Sunday. Here's the current attract screen:

PICO-8_2.gif

Welp I wasn't able to make the deadline. Had a real design block on this, and then just started power through at the end. I think I'll keep plugging away on what I've got this week and post the result.

Here's a current screenshot, it has become something very different then what I had proposed, heh. The objective is to figure out which one you're controlling and then beat the AIs.

CropperCapture[1].png