BigJKO

[RELEASE] Mr. Puffin in The Dark Castle

I love the art style, the run animation is quirky as hell too. He should quack as his feet land!

I was showing my girlfriend's dad my shitty game, and to explain to him that people make quality stuff for this jam, I opened up this thread. Everybody here loves Mr. Puffin.

Okay, suspected Mignola influence verified! Those zoms are totally Mignola, and had already spotted the Hellboy jacket on Mr. Puffin!

God this is the greatest. I love the sinister vibe happening. Looking forward to combing the castle for creepers and collectibles.

Hahah, oh man it'll take you seconds to comb through what little I'll have finished in the next 4 days! :o

Great hall work continues..

CyhUIX1WgAALlvJ.jpg

At at this rate this'll be the only room in the game! :tup:

@toblix did some ACE BRILLO music for this and I got punching sort of working, so this is all quickly coming together now! I also realised blend trees are a thing, so Mr. Puffin has a smooooth blend between walking and running now.

I don't have any progress .gifs so here's a .gif of Mr. Puffin surrounded by dancing zombies.

26hit37h3IiTaG4oM.gif

It's starting to look like a game! :tup:

Now I just need to focus on getting the combat to not feel shit..

NozERmH.png

J6c4U1G.png

ptRlzUk.png

10 hours ago, Zirrrus said:

This is absolutely stunning! Can't wait to have to Alt+F4 because I'm too scared. :tup:

In the spirit of "My uncle works at Nintendo" it would be great if Alt+F4 would spawn an enemy directly in front of you!

Also, you nailed it when you said GREAT hall texturing! The shade and small touches really uphold the atmosphere well.

I didn't even know Mr Puffin was the video game protagonist we all wanted and needed, until now! :tup: