BluShine

[RELEASE] A Very Pretty Pipe Dream: procedural pipe photography shooter

The technical implementation of the grading system sounds really interesting. Thank you for sharing!

I like the idea of trying to figure out what each critic likes the most. Reminds me of Day of the Tentacle and Escape from Monkey Island where you had to impress the three judges in a beauty pageant and a diving competition.

This has a really satisfying yet gentle feedback loop - enjoy the nice visuals, take your time making things look even lovelier and then get your feedback and the aim for the next one.  I never managed to get more than 52%, but that's art!

As advertised! Very pretty! This was a very pleasant experience, and all the transitions between moments were perfect! I would love to see this gameplay premise further explored in many directions!

I somehow ended up in a situation where, after the first round, I could only take purely white images and boy let me tell you what none of the judges were impressed with that.

On 12/6/2016 at 11:00 PM, kickstandcarp said:

I somehow ended up in a situation where, after the first round, I could only take purely white images and boy let me tell you what none of the judges were impressed with that.

Secret ending!

Cross-posted from itch:

This is fantastic! Love the whole concept, and things are rendered so beautifully. The picture judging seems reasonable, although I felt like some things the judge wanted was out of my control (more colors, etc).

This is very good. Came for the art, stayed for the "salty red sphere judging me" narrative.

Also I cant tell if the shader broke eventually or what, but I got some cool looking pipes out of the deal:

pipesSmaller.jpg

I love the concept! Good job on actually making these pipes very pretty.

I really liked this! As advertised, it looks really pretty, and the judging process is a really cool mechanic! I also kind of like sometimes the pipes you get make it impossible to fulfill the judge's requirements. There aren't really any stakes anyway, so it's funny to hear a machine gun complaining that there's not enough red in your photos.